The first balanced ultra-portable headphone amp in the world....
Jan 6, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #166 of 902
"at the RMAF, the PRO13, were wired in a balanced configuration & driven by the Apache balanced headphone amp"

That setup was in my top 3 systems at RMAF this year. WOW what great sound.

ED

Jan 6, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #167 of 902
The first prototype chassis has arrived, it fits like a glove to the PC brd. Look at the face plate, note how well it is designed with absolute porfection specially around the balanced connector. Also for the first time you are looking at the production pc brd. Enjoy the pictures.

DSC_6237.jpg

DSC_6245.jpg

DSC_6246.jpg

DSC_6242.jpg

DSC_6243.jpg

Happy New Year to all.
Ray Samuels

Jan 6, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #169 of 902
So Ray, looking at the prototype pics, it seems that unlike the Shadow, both the input and the headphone balanced output are on the same side of the amp, am I correct in this assumption?

Nice, BTW.

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #170 of 902
Very impressive! Also, the size of the Protector will be the same as the Predator chassis, correct? That is an EXCELLENT portable solution.
Also a very neat and balanced board design. I like that!

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #173 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So Ray, looking at the prototype pics, it seems that unlike the Shadow, both the input and the headphone balanced output are on the same side of the amp, am I correct in this assumption?

Nice, BTW.

Hey Buddy...
Happy New Year to you & yours, first.
The Input is in the back of the amp, see the pictures on the first post.
The other connector on the front panel is 3.5mm for single ended headphones.
Ray Samuels

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #176 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very cool. It's about time someone finally did it. Congrats, Ray! Will you be bringing one to the Orange County meet on the 30th of this month? We'd really love to hear it, if you can bring an adapter for dual 3-pin XLR to whatever connector you are using.

Also, does this amp have dual power supplies?

There will be one at the meet. But don't have the adaptor for other headphones, so it will be used with the IEMs cable that I have to drive all the custom IEMs that will be there.
Ray Samuels

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #177 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray, are you intend to sell the amp with balanced cable for JH13?

I really don't want to get into that kind of business yet as I am bussy with my own stuff. As mentioned before that Whiplash Audio will be making the cables for this amp as I have 1000 connectors on their way, NOW, so I will make them available to who ever want to make the wire. I have talked personally with both Jerry Harvey, JH Audio, & Doug, from Westorn, both seemed to be willing to be making the cable with this connector that I will supply. Did not have the time to talk to Ultimate ears but had the chance to mention it to one of their workers.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Jan 6, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #180 of 902
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back