The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Sep 10, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #7,546 of 7,793
  I will say that the X1II looks very impressive.  I may pick one up just to try out.  If the price stays close to the $99 the current X1 is at, then it's a good chance I will.  I'm also impressed it will handle the 256 gig cards.  Bluetooth would be nice for exercising for sure.  Hopefully, the UI won't require a whole bunch of fw updates to get it right.  The pics of the UI appear to be upgraded version of the current fw's in use by the X series DAPs so in theory it should run smooth and be stable right out of the gate (fingers crossed).

Exactly! Pair that puppy up with some Plantronics backbeat fit cans and phone call interruptions forever gone! I love an all in one, but calls/texts just suck during workouts where music matters the most!

Sep 10, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #7,547 of 7,793
  If you need the DAC feature, and you're going with FiiO, then you have to go with the X3II, X5II, or X7.  I don't have any knowledge, but I believe it will be next year before we see an upgraded X3II or X5II based on what FiiO has said about their product runs here on Head-Fi.

I would wait for a review of the X1II and how it compares to the X3II before you buy.

Sep 10, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #7,548 of 7,793
I would wait for a review of the X1II and how it compares to the X3II before you buy.

If he needs to be able to use the DAP as a stand alone DAC with his PC, then he has to get an X3 or X5 because the X1 can't be used like that. For me, I already own a couple X1's, an X3II, and a X5II so it won't bother me to try out the new X1II.

Sep 10, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #7,550 of 7,793
  No information on fiio.net, English site, yet.  That feels to me as a marketing miss.

Again, ALAC is not mentioned in anything I have seen.  If not included, another miss for me.

r2

It's only Saturday...they might update their website Monday...I do agree that if it can't play ALAC that would be a big miss. ALAC is a pretty popular lossless format and what about AAC? It's a popular lossy format...I don't know if it was mentioned.

Sep 10, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #7,551 of 7,793
  I guess you can look at it that way, but once again the X3II is still in a current product run so it would make no sense to make your entry level DAP (X1 or X1II) sound better than your mid-fi DAP like the X3II.  I'm not going to speculate about an X3III, but it's probably safe to say it will have some of the new features and hardware that the X1II has.

Yah!!  It got me thinking they might mimic the looks or some of the x3iii after the x1ii like they did previously.  

That's a hell of a look!

An aesthetic accomplishment right there!

That would be strange if they didn't put ALAC in there.  I would be really surprised.

Sep 10, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #7,552 of 7,793
It may be Saturday/Sunday however, they announced stuff and created a buzz yet nothing to go look on the site.  It just appears that a more coordinated announcement would bring them benefits :)

IMHO,
r2

Sep 10, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #7,554 of 7,793
  It may be Saturday/Sunday however, they announced stuff and created a buzz yet nothing to go look on the site.  It just appears that a more coordinated announcement would bring them benefits :)

IMHO,
r2

That may be true. I knew they were announcing new products today so their website was the first place I looked not facebook. The second place I looked was here.

Sep 10, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #7,555 of 7,793
That may be true. I knew they were announcing new products today so their website was the first place I looked not facebook. The second place I looked was here.

I would guess the website will be updated in due time. Interested in what FiiO will have for us concerning more details about everything announced. As usual, releases just in time for the holidays.

Sep 11, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #7,559 of 7,793
Theoretically, do you think that a touch scroll wheel is better than a physical one?

Yes for sure. The early iPods had a mechanical scroll wheel but they were not as accurate and tended to break down more easily so they went to the touch wheel. I owned 3 ipod classics at one time and they were always very reliable. I don't think there is any question the touch wheel is superior to the mechanical wheel.

Sep 11, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #7,560 of 7,793
I would guess the website will be updated in due time. Interested in what FiiO will have for us concerning more details about everything announced. As usual, releases just in time for the holidays.

Yes I want to hear all the details too about the new products but don't think I'll be waiting for the holidays though to get the new X1.
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back