The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jul 26, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #7,351 of 7,793
Haha, I'm still kind new to these boards. Looks like Penon is a HK based company which means they will have to ship the order from HK to US.

It feels great to hear that you love our products.  Thanks for your info and support to FiiO!
biggrin.gif

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 26, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #7,352 of 7,793
  Haha, I'm still kind new to these boards. Looks like Penon is a HK based company which means they will have to ship the order from HK to US.

It feels great to hear that you love our products.  Thanks for your info and support to FiiO!
biggrin.gif

Yes - I'm always looking at offshore sites for good products!
Prices here in NZ are just offensive (not all the time) so I usually have to buy sight unseen / ears unheard. I read plenty of forums, read lots of reviews and ask lots of questions before pulling the trigger.
Penon has free International shipping which is a major plus for me.

So, the X1 has just been brilliant!! Very easy to set up and get going (from Mac / iTunes / ALAC / iPod) It's also been quite refreshing to go through my entire iTunes Library and transfer ONLY THE MUSIC I ACTUALLY WANT TO LISTEN TO!! I have so much other crap in there that I wonder what I was thinking at the time of purchase 
confused_face(1).gif

I've also just bought a whole bunch of new music, which I haven't done in ages!! - I'm still doing the buy a CD and Rip to my MacBook thing....I still like having a physical CD that I can slide into the rack with all the others.....tactile and all that stuff....along with hoarding.

At the risk of sounding all FanBoy.....I love the X1. Exceeds my expectations by a long shot. The other thing I've noticed is the complete lack of listening fatigue. Previously, I could only do about 90mins with the iPod / UERM's.......I did around 3 hours of continuous listening yesterday and it felt great!
OK, about to crack in to day 2 with the X1.

Happy Days.

Cheers.

Jul 27, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #7,356 of 7,793
Nice theme - Fiio Drop the stupid Pink color scheme  - By looking at the screenshot I thought there High/Low Gain feature introduced  
tongue.gif

Scroll Wheel Accuracy Back again (at my X1 at least) - same as FW 1.6  

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #7,357 of 7,793
do you have to use a Blank SD Card to download new FW to? Or, is it OK to use one with Music Files already on it?

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #7,360 of 7,793
Cool!!

Thanks for the super prompt relies :)

Jul 27, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #7,362 of 7,793
I like the changes.

The start up and shut down screens are an improvement also!

Jul 27, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #7,363 of 7,793
2 Questions: - 

1) Protection for the X1 - My device came with the standard Plastic Cover, but still leaves much of the device open and unprotected. My concerns are the SD Card slot and gaps around the spin wheel & push buttons. I've bought this DAP for Cycle Touring (long term) and concerns are dust, filth and grime ruining the device? - Probably best to store in a Zip Lock bag unless you lot can recommend an alternative ??

2) Storage for Micro SD Cards?? - How do you store / carry / protect the extra cards you have??

Thanks if you can help me out.

Cheers.

Jul 27, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #7,364 of 7,793
  2 Questions: - 

1) Protection for the X1 - My device came with the standard Plastic Cover, but still leaves much of the device open and unprotected. My concerns are the SD Card slot and gaps around the spin wheel & push buttons. I've bought this DAP for Cycle Touring (long term) and concerns are dust, filth and grime ruining the device? - Probably best to store in a Zip Lock bag unless you lot can recommend an alternative ??

2) Storage for Micro SD Cards?? - How do you store / carry / protect the extra cards you have??

Thanks if you can help me out.

Cheers.

Fiio used to include a nice silicone case with all their X series DAPs but choose to replace it with the plastic case. I much preferred the silicone case as it offered much more protection although it was a lint magnet if you put your device in your pocket. I'm not sure what's out there for the X1 as far as cases these days but a Korean company named Dignis makes very nice leather cases for the X3II and X5II but I don't know if they still make them for the X1 but you could check on ebay. They aren't cheap though. A plastic bag might work...I've used that when I had to get the bus to work and it was pouring rain. As for storage of SD card I don't know... I keep one in my player and I don't really switch them out. The others I have I keep at home or in my other player. I actually store my SD cards in a small plastic container inside the plastic adapter.

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #7,365 of 7,793
^^

Thanks Bruce.

Yes, I think the Zip lock will be the best option here.
I've resorted to storing the 2nd card in a USB Card reader that will be coming with me also - so that should work out fine :)

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back