The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Mar 6, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #6,796 of 7,793
What's the pitch issue? Xudoo and a 128GB card for just over £100 on Amazon UK seems like a good buy...?

I don't know what a X1 sells for in the UK but if you check the duoo x3 thread you will find there is a well documented pitch issue of 44.1khz sample rate files. No fiio has this problem as far as I know.

Mar 6, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #6,797 of 7,793
I don't know what a X1 sells for in the UK but if you check the duoo x3 thread you will find there is a well documented pitch issue of 44.1khz sample rate files. No fiio has this problem as far as I know.

OK, thanks, I will have a look. X1 is about £99. Not sure I'll get another one after mine died after 18 months of careul use. Having said that, I have other FiiO products which have been great for longer, so an X3ii or X5 look good bets...X7 a bit too dear.

Mar 6, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #6,799 of 7,793
I forgot to ask but does Fiio X1 has a genre navigation and how does it sort the music in that navigation? Alphabetical order or album order or maybe I can change the order?

Yes it does have genre navigation, and it sorts by alphabetical order. I doubt you can change the order.

Mar 6, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #6,800 of 7,793
[quote name="Incuriousity" url="/t/691332/the-all-new-fiio-x1-192k-24b-pcm5142-dac-and-100mw-output-with-lo-and-inline-remote/6765#post_12396838"]Ok guys I need a last push to buy the Fiio X1. Does it really worth it for me to spend $100 for this dap? I read many review and they say smartphone sound is good enough. Now I'm really confuse. I've never had a dap in my life so any help will be appreciated[/quote]

I have bought an X1 recently, but its on its way right now. As far as I have been evolutioning in the hi-fi, I just can tell you that the ipod is a lot of better of smartphones, (and in the smartphones zone, the samsungs are the worse).

A lot of time ago, I bought a Creative X-Fi go, and the improve on my headphones was excellent. Then, I improve my heapphones to an a magnetic planar and the change was even better. So, because mi ipod can't drive them, I bought the Fiio E17k, and I am more than happy with the results. It really improves the sound. And today, i am so satisfied with the results, that I found a deal for a fiio x1, and fiio k5, that I thought, why not?.

My advice is, IMHO, that if you have a good headphones, with a good quality digital music(flac format or equivalent) a real dap will give a very good results. If not, maybe you will not notice any difference. 

Some of this days, because my suggest, a friend of mine test a FLac song on his sony Xperia, and they told me, Wow, such a difference!.

Cheers.

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #6,801 of 7,793
  [quote name="Incuriousity" url="/t/691332/the-all-new-fiio-x1-192k-24b-pcm5142-dac-and-100mw-output-with-lo-and-inline-remote/6765#post_12396838"]Ok guys I need a last push to buy the Fiio X1. Does it really worth it for me to spend $100 for this dap? I read many review and they say smartphone sound is good enough. Now I'm really confuse. I've never had a dap in my life so any help will be appreciated

I have bought an X1 recently, but its on its way right now. As far as I have been evolutioning in the hi-fi, I just can tell you that the ipod is a lot of better of smartphones, (and in the smartphones zone, the samsungs are the worse).

A lot of time ago, I bought a Creative X-Fi go, and the improve on my headphones was excellent. Then, I improve my heapphones to an a magnetic planar and the change was even better. So, because mi ipod can't drive them, I bought the Fiio E17k, and I am more than happy with the results. It really improves the sound. And today, i am so satisfied with the results, that I found a deal for a fiio x1, and fiio k5, that I thought, why not?.

My advice is, IMHO, that if you have a good headphones, with a good quality digital music(flac format or equivalent) a real dap will give a very good results. If not, maybe you will not notice any difference. 

Some of this days, because my suggest, a friend of mine test a FLac song on his sony Xperia, and they told me, Wow, such a difference!.

Cheers.
[/quote]

Ups, sorry. I wrote it yesterday from my iphone using tapatalk, but it seems it comes today.. anyway!
gs1000.gif

Mar 6, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #6,803 of 7,793
Mar 6, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #6,806 of 7,793
so there is no album order? If you don't understand what I'm talking about try download BlackPlayer and go to the genre. See how they sort the song. Sorry I'm bad with words

No it's fine, I understand what you meant :)

It goes:

Genre
>song

So it actually doesn't even list albums within the genre. It just has all of the songs tagged under the specific genre within that category.

That is exactly why I made my own custom folders via my computer so I can organize it by album order within genre.

Hope that helps

Mar 6, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #6,807 of 7,793

Actually thats not what I meant. Here a screenshot. As you see on the screenshot. Can I sort the music on the genre that way?

It still genre > song but they group together the same album according to track number.

Mar 6, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #6,808 of 7,793
Hi guys, need some help. I posted in the Recommendations thread but nobody seems to be replying and I am really hoping to buy one today. Total newbie here. I have the Hifiman RE-600s that I am currently using either with my iphone 6s plus or ipod touch. I want a dedicated music player , my choices are Fiio X1, the M3 or the Xduoo X3. I listen mostly to R&B. I have concerns with M3 if it's an actual step up from my iphone. Will I even notice an improvement in sound? I heard there's a pitch problem with the Xduoo X3 but in terms of sound quality it's better than Fiio X1? What do you think?

Mar 6, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #6,809 of 7,793

Actually thats not what I meant. Here a screenshot. As you see on the screenshot. Can I sort the music on the genre that way?

It still genre > song but they group together the same album according to track number.

No, it won't organize it that way. The FiiO Genre category is admittedly terrible. It simply lists songs alphabetically like 01, 01, 01, 02, 02, 02, 03, 03, 03, etc., a, a, a, a, a, a, b, b, b, c, c, c, etc., from all albums.

It's like this for X1/X3/X5. They do not organize songs grouped by album at all. The Genre category is really only useful for shuffle play within that genre.

Please see this picture of the Alternative Genre on my x5ii.

Mar 6, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #6,810 of 7,793
No, it won't organize it that way. The FiiO Genre category is admittedly terrible. It simply lists songs alphabetically like 01, 01, 01, 02, 02, 02, 03, 03, 03, etc., a, a, a, a, a, a, b, b, b, c, c, c, etc., from all albums.

It's like this for X1/X3/X5. They do not organize songs grouped by album at all. The Genre category is really only useful for shuffle play within that genre.

Please see this picture of the Alternative Genre on my x5ii.

I though I can change the file name to track name in the setting or I am mistaken?

Oh yeah before I forgot how do they sort the playlist? Can I use m3u8?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back