The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Aug 27, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #6,181 of 7,793
Thank you for all the thoughts and opinions. Dammit, seems like the Clip + or Clip Zip are getting pretty scarce to buy here in Europe. I just bought the X1 anyway,but was trying to find a new Sansa seems rather difficult.

Aug 27, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #6,184 of 7,793
You prefer the X1 over the  X3II? Why is that? Just curious. I have the X3ii and I used to have the X1 but I forget what it sounds like. I forget now why I sold it actually...

I absolutely hear X3II being stronger technically, however preferred X1 tonality. Mainly around the mid range X1 sounds a little less veiled imo.

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #6,185 of 7,793
I absolutely hear X3II being stronger technically, however preferred X1 tonality. Mainly around the mid range X1 sounds a little less veiled imo.

I'd say that is a fair assessment although I no longer have the X1 so I can't really do a comparison myself. I'm quite happy with the X3II but I kind of wish I had kept the X1 too but I can't really justify re-buying the X1 again...not that I ever really have much trouble when it come to audio related purchases :)

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #6,186 of 7,793

Just take a step back and a few deep breathes. X1 is $100 (roughly) and there will be limitations around this, it does offer a lot more than any other budget player on the market and trust me, from my expereince with Chinese players quite well adapted.

It will grow on you, just relax and enjoy the player, little things are to be compromised in the audiophile world.

The X1 does not offer better battery life than most players under $100. I hope Fiio comes out with a player under $100 that has 40+ hours of battery life. 

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #6,187 of 7,793
The X1 does not offer better battery life than most players under $100. I hope Fiio comes out with a player under $100 that has 40+ hours of battery life. 

JK1, I see you running around constantly all over the forums searching and questioning DAPs that don't have 40+ hours battery life like these companies are cutting people short or incapable of such run times.

Go and have a read about output power vs battery life or technology in general. The reason these daps don't have 40 hours is because they output a hell of a lot more power than the mighty Clip, most Cowon and Sony players.

It's not some magic achievement these companies conquer getting long run times. You either have long run times with limited output power or average run times which can drive demanding loads with authority.

As a company FiiO, iBasso all the company catering to the audiophile market must make a decision, you can only have one or the other.

Go and research it.

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #6,188 of 7,793
"You either have long run times with limited output power or average run times which can drive demanding loads with authority."

Why can't a player designed that is a convertible-either long battery life with low power output or short battery life with high power output? If that can't be done, then I am willing to do without high power output. 

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #6,189 of 7,793
"You either have long run times with limited output power or average run times which can drive demanding loads with authority."

Why can't a player designed that is a convertible-either long battery life with low power output or short battery life with high power output? If that can't be done, then I am willing to do without high power output. 

Well, that is a good question.

At most current Daps like FiiO iBasso have gain modes low high for FiiO, low med high for iBasso. I cannot tell you why they can't drop the output power so low, or have a specific low output mode.

However, I really needed to clear that up for you, it was killing me seeing you running around constantly.

Aug 27, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #6,190 of 7,793
I believe it would be more than just power output, if that were the case than any low power requirement headphone would let the player last much longer. It is more than likely the power input to the DAC and amp that makes the biggest difference in battery life. Power input is one of the most important aspects of good audio reproduction so regardless of what is being output from the amp the power is being used on the input to run the amp cleanly with less distortion.

Of course I'm no EE so I could be completely talking garbage, but that's the most likely reason for the lower battery life as I understand it.

Aug 29, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #6,192 of 7,793
I assume my SD card 128gb arrives next week for my player, so do I need to format the card to certain file type on my computer or does the player handle everything when I put it in for the first time? 

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #6,193 of 7,793
  I assume my SD card 128gb arrives next week for my player, so do I need to format the card to certain file type on my computer or does the player handle everything when I put it in for the first time? 

From my understanding, almost all sd card are formatted to exFAT by default. 
Fiio recommends formatted to FAT32 which I recommend you doing just to be on the safe side. 
When I first get my sandisk 128gb card and copied all my music on it, the card became corrupted a few days later and everything was lost. 
Now that reformatted it to FAT32 via the X1 itself and upgraded it to the latest firmware, everything is working perfectly without a hitch. 

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #6,195 of 7,793
I wanted to ask just in in case as I come from rock boxed ipod.. Are there any  issue is in performance if I fill the memory card like 100%? In my old ipod if I had it 100% full it took 10+ mins to put one song after starting the ipod.

EDIT: I have been listening the player for a while, but if I am middle of a CD the player doesn't remember where I was if I close the player... Any way to fix this or is there a setting for this?

EDIT:2 Anyways to remove the player from using album art, I heard or more like read somewhere it uses more battery?

Sorry about all the questions, but I am just new to the player and btw it sounds epic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back