The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jul 29, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #6,031 of 7,793
I was checking the audio technica ATH M-20x , 30x and 40x. Are their sound quality good? And do you have any other option? ( I don't want to buy a refurbished). I also don't have much knowledge about headphone markets.

I have no experience with ATH series headphones.  You could read the reviews here on Head-fi under the head gear tab.  FYI, the referbs come with a 1 year warranty just like new ones.

Jul 30, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #6,032 of 7,793
I've been using my X1 for a couple of months, and I've noticed there is something special about the SQ of the DAC in this Unit. Maybe the masses have over looked this DAC because of the low cost price. But it has some very high quality deep digging resolution, that I've not heard in any of my past Sony's or Ipod's. Very impressed with the High SQ of the X1.

I believe the PCM5142 is a gem in the ruff.

Jul 30, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #6,033 of 7,793
  I've been using my X1 for a couple of months, and I've noticed there is something special about the SQ of the DAC in this Unit. Maybe the masses have over looked this DAC because of the low cost price. But it has some very high quality deep digging resolution, that I've not heard in any of my past Sony's or Ipod's. Very impressed with the High SQ of the X1.

I believe the PCM5142 is a gem in the ruff.

Yes, it sounds excellent from the LO.  I use mine that way, through a Topping NX1 amp.  Sounds amazing IMO.

Jul 30, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #6,034 of 7,793
  Yes, it sounds excellent from the LO.  I use mine that way, through a Topping NX1 amp.  Sounds amazing IMO.

Me too except I do use the FIIO Mont Blanc and I do love it big time

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #6,035 of 7,793
I was checking the audio technica ATH M-20x , 30x and 40x. Are their sound quality good? And do you have any other option? ( I don't want to buy a refurbished). I also don't have much knowledge about headphone markets.

I have the M40x for approx 3-4 months and I can say that I'm completely satisfied with the quality it give for $100 gear. The detail and clarity is superb with intimate soundstage.. Will appreciate wider like the one in Beyer 770, but that's more than twice the price. Isolation is great and more than enough for daily commute by train. Comfort out of the box is bad, but you can use a thick book to ment that. It's my 3rd most used can with 1st my Sony MA100, and 2nd my Grado SR60e. With its foldable structure and detachable cable, I think its a perfect portable over the ear closed can for the price.

Aug 1, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #6,036 of 7,793
I have the M40x for approx 3-4 months and I can say that I'm completely satisfied with the quality it give for $100 gear. The detail and clarity is superb with intimate soundstage.. Will appreciate wider like the one in Beyer 770, but that's more than twice the price. Isolation is great and more than enough for daily commute by train. Comfort out of the box is bad, but you can use a thick book to ment that. It's my 3rd most used can with 1st my Sony MA100, and 2nd my Grado SR60e. With its foldable structure and detachable cable, I think its a perfect portable over the ear closed can for the price.

Sony MA100 OR M20X which will be best for fiio x1.

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #6,037 of 7,793
I am still wondering about x1.
I love it design and usability.
But i just cant decide, does sound quality worth it?
I have rockbox sansa and this is just strange to read, what people dont see much difference.
It is shame, but i cant listen player before purchase.
So what you say? I just dont love sansa "toy sound".
I am using creative aurvana live and meele m6pro.

Aug 5, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #6,038 of 7,793
  I am still wondering about x1.
I love it design and usability.
But i just cant decide, does sound quality worth it?
I have rockbox sansa and this is just strange to read, what people dont see much difference.
It is shame, but i cant listen player before purchase.
So what you say? I just dont love sansa "toy sound".
I am using creative aurvana live and meele m6pro.

Yes, the sound quality is worth it.  Design and features are great too.  Awesome player.  There is no 'toy sound' with the X1.

Cheers!

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #6,039 of 7,793
Hi my name is Dan and this is my first post!
I have just received my x1 from amazon and i can only say that i'm impressed! For $99, i think that the same songs @ 320kbps that were in the micro sd that was on my phone sound better that the lossless files of those same songs that are on my iPod classic! I can't wait to move all my lossless tracks to my x1, I ordered a 128GB micro sd as well but it will arrive next week...

I'm not audiophile, I Just like to enjoy some decent quality tunes, and thanks to this site i've discovered that there is a lot more out there than ipods and beats.

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #6,040 of 7,793
I have just received my x1 from amazon and i can only say that i'm impressed! For $99, i think that the same songs @ 320kbps that were in the micro sd that was on my phone sound better that the lossless files of those same songs that are on my iPod classic! I can't wait to move all my lossless tracks to my x1, I ordered a 128GB micro sd as well but it will arrive next week...

I'm not audiophile, I Just like to enjoy some decent quality tunes, and thanks to this site i've discovered that there is a lot more out there than ipods and beats.

I agree with you, for the price it's incredible. Thank you again FIIO to let everyone enjoy music. And Dan you are very welcome .

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #6,041 of 7,793
Received my Fiio X1 this evening. I used to own Zune (1st gen) till few years back before it went kaput. Zune had a very simple yet effective UI and pretty good audio quality (iirc).  X1 reminds me a lot of that player. Coupling NX1, makes X1 sound even better for my taste. Just into few hours of usage, X1 has already convinced me it's worth every rupee (6750 to be precise which is roughly US$ 105) that I had paid to get them. Overall, very satisfied about this purchase. 
bigsmile_face.gif

[On a side note, It would be nice if there is an option to add songs to now playing list (a feature that I abused quite a lot in my old Zune) ]

Aug 5, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #6,042 of 7,793

Received my Fiio X1 this evening. I used to own Zune (1st gen) till few years back before it went kaput. Zune had a very simple yet effective UI and pretty good audio quality (iirc).  X1 reminds me a lot of that player. Coupling NX1, makes X1 sound even better for my taste. Just into few hours of usage, X1 has already convinced me it's worth every rupee (6750 to be precise which is roughly US$ 105) that I had paid to get them. Overall, very satisfied about this purchase. 
bigsmile_face.gif

[On a side note, It would be nice if there is an option to add songs to now playing list (a feature that I abused quite a lot in my old Zune) ]

Welcome to the X1 club!!!

Cheers!!

Aug 6, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #6,043 of 7,793
The remote control on my headphones don't work with the X1 even though I have the option enabled. Any one else experience the same issue?

Aug 6, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #6,044 of 7,793
The remote control on my headphones don't work with the X1 even though I have the option enabled. Any one else experience the same issue?

The in-line remote needs to be CTIA (Apple) standard.

From FiiO Support on their website:

"Q: Does the X5 2nd gen/X3 2nd gen/X1 support in-line remote controls on headphones?

A: Yes, the X5 2nd gen/X3 2nd gen/X1 supports in-line remote controls on headphones with 3.5mm TRRS connectors conforming to the Apple standard(CTIA). On the other hand, if you find that the remote function fires incorrectly with incompatible headphones, you may turn the function off via the function menus.The supported operations are as follows:
Play / Pause: press the center button on the headphones once to pause playback or resume playback;
Next track: double-click the center button to skip to the next track;
Previous track: triple-click the center button to skip to the previous track
Fast forward: double-click the center button and hold the last click to fast forward;
Rewind: triple-click the center button and hold the last click to rewind."

Further explanation here:

"As is known to everyone, our player X1 supports remote control function. However, people nowadays usually have little knowledge of another fact: the connectors of these earphones actually have 2 differentsets of standard.

During the designing progress of X1, wetook into consideration of the situation that most remote versions of earphones/headphoneare designed on the basis of Apple gadgets and few earphones will provide anon-Apple standard version. Therefore, X1 only support those earphones/headphones designed accordingly to standard Apple headphone jack. If you plug a non-Apple standard earphone/headphonein X1, you may only get weaken and distorted sound."

Here is even further explanation, also from their website:

"Nowadays the earphones/headphones withremote control and microphones adapted to the normal mobile phones on themarket are equipped with 3.5mm 4-pole TRRS plugs appearing as follows:

Look at the picture -- the golden medal part is the plug,dividing into four segments from top to bottom (i.g. 1 to 4 from the tip of themedal part to the bottom). For some historical reasons, there are two kinds ofprevailing solutions on the market:

One is called OMTP, the four segments areas follows: 1. Left channel, 2. Right channel, 3. Microphone (remote), 4.Ground wire;
This solution is usually adapted by Nokia,Huawei, Zhongxing, Lenovo, and previous Samsung at its early stage, etc.

The other is the so-called CTIA solution and it goes as follows: 1. Left channel, 2. Right channel, 3. Ground wire, 4. Microphone(remote).
Giants such as Samsung, Apple, Sony andpart of MOTO smart phones are using CTIA.

So, here are some tips:

1. Make clear the type of the plugs of the earphones/headphones you are willing to buy.

2. For better use and compatibility withour product, we recommend earphones/headphones with CTIA standard plugs.

3. If you use a CTIA standard earphone/headphoneon an OMTP gadget, you may be able to enjoy music but you cannot use the remoteand phone call service through it.

4. But if you use an OMTP standard earphone/headphone on a CTIA gadget, it just won’t work at all.

5. X1, and following FiiO models in the future, will only support remote earphones/headphones with CTIA standard."

Aug 6, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #6,045 of 7,793
Just get this little boy and he is amazing.
I dont have any problem with interface.
I love display and can see clearly even on sun.
Right after that i get e11k and they just look nice.
Very small and portable.

All i dont like that much is that big center button.
Too easy to press.

What i did with wheel is put on it that little thing from e11k kit.
It is much more comfortable now.
Maybe somebody will try also.

And it would be great if you can recommend me some full sized headphones, for metal and rock.
Maybe some high omhs model, to put e11k in real use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back