The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
May 17, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #5,716 of 7,793
  I think so.  All I have for DAP's right now is my phone, and I adjusted the bass freq. (which is 60Hz) to +6, and it was okay.  I assume with an amp behind it, it would have been better.  TBH, I had an original X3, didn't play with the EQ in it, just the hardware bass and treble, which I had set at, oddly enough, +6 on the bass and +1 on the treble.  That was the sound I liked.  So with software EQ, higher volume ability, and an amp behind it, I think I'd be okay.  

Does anyone else listen with the bass boosted, I know you won't have my IEM's, but does it give it a healthy bump in the lower freq.?

I have the X1.  Been running it LO with a Cayin C5 which sounds good.  I'm not too crazy about the X1 by itself in the bass department.  The low frequency setting on the 5 band is 62 Hz.  I wish it had a 10 band with lower frequencies where some more sub-bass could be bumped up.

Hello James Fiio, could this be done with a firmware update???

May 17, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #5,718 of 7,793

I have the X1.  Been running it LO with a Cayin C5 which sounds good.  I'm not too crazy about the X1 by itself in the bass department.  The low frequency setting on the 5 band is 62 Hz.  I wish it had a 10 band with lower frequencies where some more sub-bass could be bumped up.

Hello James Fiio, could this be done with a firmware update???

That's their way to get you to step up to the next model...lol.

May 18, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #5,719 of 7,793
The M50s and the Fiio X1 synergize very well together. Then again, the M50s sound magical with every portable source I've coupled with it so far. :D
I'm thinking of upgrading to the M50xs though as I find my M50's cable to be way too long. The corded cable is tempting me.

May 18, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #5,720 of 7,793
The M50s and the Fiio X1 synergize very well together. Then again, the M50s sound magical with every portable source I've coupled with it so far.
biggrin.gif

I'm thinking of upgrading to the M50xs though as I find my M50's cable to be way too long. The corded cable is tempting me.

This is my combo as well. I have the coiled cable. I am going to do the cable mod on mine soon. Can't deal with the huge plug that won't go into any of my iDevices that have cases on them.

May 20, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #5,727 of 7,793
*cough and the back button not taking you back to the playlist by default cough*

May 20, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #5,729 of 7,793
Maybe I didn't explain it well enough.

The Back Button (BB) currently takes you back to the screen you were previously on, which is annoying as hell.

Say I'm on the Now Playing screen, go to the home screen to get into the settings menu and then go back to Now Playing screen. I then want to change the album I'm listening so I naturally press BB to navigate back through the folder structure, but doing so takes me back to the browser screen, thereby forcing me to go back into the folder list and scroll all the way back down to where I was before. This is just bad design.

Changing the BB behaviour so that it always navigates backwards through the folder structure from the now playing screen is how things should work and I believe the X5 firmware got this fix months ago.

May 20, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #5,730 of 7,793
This is my combo as well. I have the coiled cable. I am going to do the cable mod on mine soon. Can't deal with the huge plug that won't go into any of my iDevices that have cases on them.

I'm personally looking at the blue M50xs though I'm still still not overly certain at the moment. I'm not sure if the secondary color is tan or orange. Tan, yes but I hate orange, you see. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back