The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Oct 23, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #3,406 of 7,793
Whats your sound preference? The genres you like and listen most.....that will help others to suggest you matching options in that price range.....believe you need IEM(s) mostly on the go than indoors.....

Oct 23, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #3,407 of 7,793
My budget is around $100 to $150 so I will look into the two earphones you recommended.

Are there others highly recommended?

you can also look into the upcoming momentum in ears which i doubt will be at all bad and have gotten good reviews (very few) if you like a little bit of a bassier sound signature. Havi b3 pro (old version) are highly regarded by those who've had them, huge soundstage amazing mids and linear response (requires amping tho). Vsonic vsd3(s), ostrys and others also have quite the following.

I do not own any of these earphones but have given em a good look, as in, read a lot about them since I have my x1, a fiio e11k, and akg k240mkii, and soundmagic's e10 on the way.

Be careful with your choices tho our youll end up obsessed with new gear as i am.

Oct 23, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #3,408 of 7,793
  I have been waiting years for a player that takes an easily swappable 18650 Lion battery. These come in capacities of  3600 mah(or perhaps some are even greater?), so each battery would give huge run time. I see two of them and a charger for sale on Amazon for just $15.62

It is also great charging the batteries outside the player.

Cool, yeah, those would be great.  Just like with cameras, it's nice to be able to swap the battery out and not have to wait for something to charge.  I didn't know those batteries existed - one more thing to hope for and (probably) never see, I guess.  Having lots of devices that use the same battery is nice, too.  

Oct 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #3,409 of 7,793
  "Maybe AA can't deliver enough current for a higher-end piece like this, but a standard-sized (to the extent they exist) replaceable li-ion would be great. "

I have been waiting years for a player that takes an easily swappable 18650 Lion battery. These come in capacities of  3600 mah(or perhaps some are even greater?), so each battery would give huge run time. I see two of them and a charger for sale on Amazon for just $15.62

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A9C3YIY/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687642&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001WBH2NE&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=05MHE1M1BE34TRSA4HW3

It is also great charging the batteries outside the player.

Those batteries look too thick for the compartment on the player. In fact, they look to be as thick as the player.

Cool, yeah, those would be great.  Just like with cameras, it's nice to be able to swap the battery out and not have to wait for something to charge.  I didn't know those batteries existed - one more thing to hope for and (probably) never see, I guess.  Having lots of devices that use the same battery is nice, too.  

DX50 uses Samsung S3 batteries; I use the Caseology batt+charger (and also their case). They changed what's available to something white and looks better though; I use the old one with a nice black battery but with a black charger that looks like what you would get with a camera.

http://www.amazon.com/Caseology-Long-Lasting-Replacement-Portable-18-Month/dp/B00DV2WX3G/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1414083250&sr=1-1&keywords=S3+caseology+battery

Oct 23, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #3,410 of 7,793
  Definitely not comparable
cool.gif

What about the amp though?

Does anyone know how the amp on the X1 compares to the E6?

Oct 23, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #3,411 of 7,793
  What about the amp though?
Does anyone know how the amp on the X1 compares to the E6?

The FiiO E6 could at max volume, drive my 250-Ohm Beyers decenly
Where as the FiiO X1 drove my 250-Ohm Beyers at around 70% volume.

Oct 23, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #3,412 of 7,793
Someone else said the 9-Ohm Shire SE846 plugged into a X1 would have some hiss issues?

Oct 23, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #3,413 of 7,793
The FiiO E6 could at max volume, drive my 250-Ohm Beyers decenly
Where as the FiiO X1 drove my 250-Ohm Beyers at around 70% volume.

Nice! So, quite a bit of power. That does it, I'm gettinf an X1 or an X3...maybe both, X1 to leave at work and X3 to carry around elsewhere.

Oct 23, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #3,414 of 7,793
I am really struggling with multi-disc albums. I have them organized in folders as artist/album/CD1 and /artist/album/CD2 with track number (01, 02, etc) prepending each file name. However, accessing the album in Categories piles all of the tracks in order by filename, not by disc order. When I access through the file browser, every single folder displays the filename followed immediately by the same filename prepended with ._ (for instance, 01_Track is followed by ._01_Track). What is happening here? Everything is tagged correctly with a disc number and disc total. Am I doing something wrong? Is there anyway around this other than renaming all the files with something like CD1_01_Track and CD2_01_Track?

having this issue too, really annoying. did you find a way to fix it?

Oct 23, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #3,415 of 7,793
Dear Fiio People (Joe Bloggs/ JamesFIIO ),

Can you please whipcrack the shipment of X1's to Headphone Bar in Vancouver Canada faster so I can buy your awesomely hyped audio device? Waiting patiently for stock since they sold out x.x Please. Please please?

Thanks So Much,
Voshra

Quote:
Official firmware version 1.10 for the X1 is now available!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/739521/fiio-x1-firmware-version-1-10-download-and-discussion-thread

Link after the jump
smily_headphones1.gif
Now supporting M3U and internal playlists. Inline remote sensing adjusted to reduce chance of accidental operation by erroneous detection.

well huh, thats good since I didn't realize it DIDN'T support M3U until now >.> since I use exclusively that for my playlists X3

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #3,416 of 7,793
How is the X1 compared to the iPod Classic 5th gen and the 7th gen??
I've been reading that the Classic sounds ''dead'' compared to the X3 and X5, so I wanna know how the X1 vs the 2 Classics I mentioned

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #3,417 of 7,793
  How is the X1 compared to the iPod Classic 5th gen and the 7th gen??
I've been reading that the Classic sounds ''dead'' compared to the X3 and X5, so I wanna know how the X1 vs the 2 Classics I mentioned

I am not an audiophile, just a listener to some of the music I own.
So I have a iPpod Classic Video 80GB for over 6 years now. And I love the player.
But after buying the X1 I sadly don't use the iPod anymore except for podcasts and audiobooks.
The soundquality is very better, deeper. Volume can be much harder, so be prepared to limit the volume if you stay with the same earphones.

Shufflling with playlists, the iPod remains still more intiutive and easier in use.

Oct 24, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #3,418 of 7,793
  I am not an audiophile, just a listener to some of the music I own.
So I have a iPpod Classic Video 80GB for over 6 years now. And I love the player.
But after buying the X1 I sadly don't use the iPod anymore except for podcasts and audiobooks.
The soundquality is very better, deeper. Volume can be much harder, so be prepared to limit the volume if you stay with the same earphones.

Shufflling with playlists, the iPod remains still more intiutive and easier in use.

amp in the X1 is so much better

Oct 24, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #3,420 of 7,793
  having this issue too, really annoying. did you find a way to fix it?

Hop over to the the firmware thread and voice your opinion

http://www.head-fi.org/t/739521/fiio-x1-firmware-version-1-10-download-and-discussion-thread

The X1 is a great player but needs a firmware upgrade for the way it handles multi disc albums. Ideally it should work to list the each discs tracks in order.

I placed my multidisc albums in separate folders for now and use the file browser to play each disc. You can also renumber your albums but this is the least ideal solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back