The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Oct 21, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #3,361 of 7,793
This is for James. Maybe in a firmware. If I was to shuffle my songs and a song comes up and I want to go to the rest of that artist albums would that be possible in a firmware by pressing the menu button instead going out to find it. Plus if they can add letters like A-C, D-F, etc. for a long list of songs. Thanks

Oct 21, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #3,362 of 7,793
Yeah in a way the X1 reminds me of my first mp3 player the Rio 500 which was a pain to load and had a 64MB card but I loved it. I believe it cost me around $100 too. :wink:

Oct 21, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #3,363 of 7,793

I think there will still lots of people will complain to us even we already make our best. anyway, please understand there are nothing is perfect, remember that you got something and you lost something. even in iDevice.

Different people are looking for different things in a player. Some such as myself only use mp3 files,want very long battery life, and only use efficient headphones or earphones. Others use more exotic  formats and less efficient harder to drive headphones.  It is hard to make a single MP3 player that will satisfy most people. Of course price, size, and weight are also major concerns. At least I'm glad that Fiio priced the X1  with an MSRP of $99. I'm not interested in the X1 as I want much more battery life, however I am glad to see that more than one company realizes that many want players under $100. If only they would realize that many want at least 50 hours of battery life.

It would be cool though if a player could have a setting for high or low power output, and if could give perhaps 50+ hours in low power output mode, or perhaps 15+ hours in high power output mode.

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #3,364 of 7,793
I remember my CD players skipping while listening in the car. Good times :rolleyes:

Lol! I remember my Trick Of The Tail cassette getting unravelled in my car's cassette player multiple times. Grrrrrr!!!

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #3,365 of 7,793
  I recall my first mp3 player had a  whole 32 megs of space

My first mp3 player I remember could take around 20+ songs only, so it must be around that size too. It runs on 2 AA size battery. I can't even recall the name but it got a price tag around $350. One fine day a local store offered a special promotional price for about $130 for the first 10 customers. I was one of those lucky customers but I remember I had to sit on the floor waiting outside the shop early in the morning together with dozen other eager buyers. 

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #3,366 of 7,793
Lol! I remember my Trick Of The Tail cassette getting unravelled in my car's cassette player multiple times. Grrrrrr!!!

And when you're fed up with the cassette tape you'd dangle it out the car window watching it all unravel down the road.  Unless it was a very popular tape, then you'd find yourself a good school pencil and go to work repairing it.

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #3,367 of 7,793
  And when you're fed up with the cassette tape you'd dangle it out the car window watching it all unravel down the road.  Unless it was a very popular tape, then you'd find yourself a good school pencil and go to work repairing it.

Oh yeah, it was definitely worthy of a few pencil rewinds!
smile.gif

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #3,368 of 7,793

My first mp3 player I remember could take around 20+ songs only, so it must be around that size too. It runs on 2 AA size battery. I can't even recall the name but it got a price tag around $350. One fine day a local store offered a special promotional price for about $130 for the first 10 customers. I was one of those lucky customers but I remember I had to sit on the floor waiting outside the shop early in the morning together with dozen other eager buyers. 

sounds like mine if I recall it was made by a company called diamond

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #3,369 of 7,793
I tried updating the firmware, and the guide says I have to copy the update file to root directory. There is no such thing on the sd-card (completely empty after formatting the card with the player), so I created a folder named 'root' on the card and copied the update file there. While trying to start firmware updating process, the X1 says update file can't be found. Am I missing something?

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #3,370 of 7,793
Root just means straight on the card - ie the main directory.  Any other folders you create are subdirectories.

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #3,371 of 7,793
Listening to the X1 right now with an RSA P 51 amp and my AKG Q701's and it sounds magical! Never realised the Q701's had such a lovely bass timbre. I guess it is about synergy and I would never have thought this combo would work this well as the Q701's are not an easy load to drive. It even sounds good without the P51 just not as effortless.
Man, this is the best $130 I have spent in a long time. Thank you FiiO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back