The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Oct 15, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #3,152 of 7,793
Yes DX50 or X5 if you're looking for better SQ.

Debatable for his uses.  He's a student, and asked about DX50 or X3 - so obviously cost is a factor.

Couple of people have already said that X1 punches well above it's weight.  It's also relatively neutral where the X3 is quite warm, and it depends whether he actually needs a DAC function.

Assuming he's looking for DAP only, and very good SQ on a budget - then I'd suggest the X1 is the way to go ....

Oct 15, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #3,153 of 7,793
I have a cherry DX50 for sale.....
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 15, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #3,154 of 7,793
 Debatable for his uses.  He's a student, and asked about DX50 or X3 - so obviously cost is a factor.

Couple of people have already said that X1 punches well above it's weight.  It's also relatively neutral where the X3 is quite warm, and it depends whether he actually needs a DAC function.

Assuming he's looking for DAP only, and very good SQ on a budget - then I'd suggest the X1 is the way to go ....

I read your X1 review and I have to say that is pretty good.
You're right, I'm a tight budget student haha
I only have 200 bucks and I think the X1 + E11k is my best option
What do you think? Or maybe the Topping NX1 ?
Do the X1 support playlists made from my PC??

Oct 15, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #3,155 of 7,793
I read your X1 review and I have to say that is pretty good.
You're right, I'm a tight budget student haha
I only have 200 bucks and I think the X1 + E11k is my best option
What do you think? Or maybe the Topping NX1 ?
Do the X1 support playlists made from my PC??

Thanks.

X1 can do externally created playlists + also internally created ones.  The external ones don't appear in the playlist section (for now) though.  you have to navigate to them in folder mode.

Before I answer your other question on set-up, what headphones/IEMs are you driving?

Oct 15, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #3,156 of 7,793

Thanks.

X1 can do externally created playlists + also internally created ones.  The external ones don't appear in the playlist section (for now) though.  you have to navigate to them in folder mode.

Before I answer your other question on set-up, what headphones/IEMs are you driving?

my student inventory is:
IEM:
Apple Earpods
Skullcandy Smokin Buds (filter and ear tips mod)
JVC FX1X 
and I will get a pair of Vsonic VSD3 

Headphones:
Auvio Elite On-Ear 
Pioneer MJ721

Amp:
Auvio Headphone Amp (Pretty similar to the Fiio E6 in every aspect)

I know isnt the best, but I really enjoy my stuff :D

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #3,157 of 7,793
my student inventory is:

IEM:

Apple Earpods

Skullcandy Smokin Buds (filter and ear tips mod)

JVC FX1X 

and I will get a pair of Vsonic VSD3 

Headphones:

Auvio Elite On-Ear 

Pioneer MJ721

Amp:

Auvio Headphone Amp (Pretty similar to the Fiio E6 in every aspect)

I know isnt the best, but I really enjoy my stuff :D

Hmmm... The X1 alone should be able to power most of the list properly except the Pioneer. Why not just get the X1 first and then decide on the amp later since you already have one?

PS: Fellow student here, so can understand the situation you are in too

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #3,158 of 7,793
Yep ^ what darkarn said.  The X1 is all you need for those head/earphones.

Heck - I even had my HD600s driven by it, and they sounded pretty darn good.

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #3,160 of 7,793
Why not just get the X1 first and then decide on the amp later since you already have one?

yes,I wld say.......just use it for a month with more than enough time to spend on these pairing with X1, then you can decide....which amp fits your budget and the power you need....

Oct 16, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #3,161 of 7,793
Not sure if this is the right place to post but does anyone know anywhere in canada aside from CanadaComputers and HeadphoneBar that sell the X1 online and accept paypal? both are OOS the week before I was planning on picking this beauty up and I really don't want to wait until friggin mid november to order it, nor can my wallet really hold onto cash that long.

any and all help would be much appreciated.

Oct 16, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #3,162 of 7,793
So I find out why my impressions with the X1 was so poor initially. It was the pairing, the Kc06a does not play nice with it. I put on my other phones and it was a big step up from my Z1's headphone jack but the Kc06a actually sounded better on my phone. Weird

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #3,163 of 7,793
Am I reading the reviews/impressions right? That the X1 is "more neutral" than X3? I know this is subjective but.... really? I have yet to get my hands on an X1 but if it is really "more neutral" than X3, it will be definitely worth waiting for. :D

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #3,164 of 7,793
  Am I reading the reviews/impressions right? That the X1 is "more neutral" than X3? I know this is subjective but.... really? I have yet to get my hands on an X1 but if it is really "more neutral" than X3, it will be definitely worth waiting for. :D

X3 is a lot warmer.  X1 sounds more like X5 (tonality)

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #3,165 of 7,793

X3 is a lot warmer.  X1 sounds more like X5 (tonality)

Wow, I just need to hear the X1 and it will be auto-buy for me if that is really the case. Not to mention its sleek looks is a plus for me.

I mentioned somewhere in this thread x pages ago that the X3 is too warm for my tastes, and people are expecting that the X1 is warmer than X3. If it is the opposite, then all is well :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back