The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
May 10, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #961 of 7,793
Well I think it's a great pity since the design was looking so good and then changed drastically. If the current design was all I'd seen then sure, I probably wouldn't mind so much. I'm just discontented by the change - as are many others, it seems. Does it make a difference to SQ? Of course not. But aesthetics do count for something to some of us.

May 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #963 of 7,793
Then do not but the product, nobody is forcing you.

I know for me, the vast majority of the time I will not be looking at it. It'll either be in a pocket, or sitting on a desk or table while I look at a monitor or read. Its purpose is to play music, and if it does that, it can be the ugliest thing in the world. The aesthetics of an object I look at 5% of the time should not be a big consideration. I would remind myself that everyone has different tastes, and just say oh well. It is not a big deal.

After all nobody have asked about the material it will be made of maybe it will be aluminium but painted ^^

May 10, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #964 of 7,793
I'm pretty much waiting until we can see some finished products before I really develop an opinion on how it looks.  I know I've seen more than just a few products that the conceptual pictures made me worry, but the end result actually held up quite well.  Oh, and for the person who mentioned that cases add bulk, the silicone case that came with my X3 adds virtually no real bulk at all, being maybe 1mm think or so.  Its not going to save the lil guy from a big drop, but it'll certainly help with scratches and such.  I actually like how the shade of blue looks with black X3 underneath.

May 11, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #967 of 7,793
With mochill on this one, only way I would buy the white or any other color for that matter is if the sq is amazing and/or if its made of aluminum

I highly doubt the sound quality will be amazing. I'm guessing it will be good/very good for the price. Amazing belongs to AK240/HM901.

May 11, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #968 of 7,793
[quote name="doublea71" url="/t/691332/fiio-x1-the-most-portable-and-affordable-high-resolution-dap-from-fiio-updated-on-9-5-2014/960#post_10536666"

I highly doubt the sound quality will be amazing. I'm guessing it will be good/very good for the price. Amazing belongs to AK240/HM901.
[/quote]

Lol should have clarified I meant for its price, wouldn't expect a $100 dap to have phenomenal sound quality

May 11, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #969 of 7,793
Now, we will be very grateful to James FIIO if he could post some photos of the internals like he did for the X3.
It was absolutly amazing to read him justify the quality of the switches, screen and connectors.
Why stop it ?

May 11, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #970 of 7,793
yea brass rung model is lovely and hopefully metal. James maybe have 2 models x1p and x1m? Plastic and metal respectively. I would pay an extra $25-$50 for the metal one for me and my family members for each one.

May 12, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #973 of 7,793
  No plans to buy it.  The innards of the Fiio seem to trump it but the interface is kinda cool.  I just didn't want the standard avatar.  I guess I should put up an avatar with an item I own.

There we go!  Changed it just for you Silverprout

Yes, you are right.
I use the X3 everyday since near one year now.
With the original FW (1.31) and it never freeze or bug at all.
BUT the keys layout is annoying, i can use all my old DAPs without thinking (pure reflex) even in my pocket (change track/stop music/volume/mute), the X3 keys ALWAYS give me headaches.
The jack should be on the bottom of the player not on the top.
The listener is located behind the player so why plug the jack so far of him ?
The headphones wire coming from the top of the player is embarrassing and it often travels on the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back