The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Mar 29, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #841 of 7,793
It WILL be available in black, right?

Edit: As someone who is not an especially huge fan of the copper-colored wheel, I have begun scheming to remove said wheel and replace it with my own.

Mar 29, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #843 of 7,793
I'm a little leery of this since anybody who is after any kind of bass boost usually has that taken care of by their headphones...

Mar 29, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #844 of 7,793
  I'm a little leery of this since anybody who is after any kind of bass boost usually has that taken care of by their headphones...

x2

What I want in a player is a relatively neutral sound. If a person wants to change that, change the headphones. Not the player.

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #847 of 7,793

x2

What I want in a player is a relatively neutral sound. If a person wants to change that, change the headphones. Not the player.

I tried the bass boost one time with my E18. Just to see what it was like. Immediately switched it off and have never used it since. And I do like bass (with some types of music). I mean, I'm a UM Merlin guy. So I'm not against bass. 

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #853 of 7,793
Despite my concerns about the bass bump, this thing is going to be so cheap, it'll be worth trying out - it's not like dropping down $1k+ for a high-end dap... it's a low risk proposition imo

Apr 13, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #855 of 7,793
WHYYY does it have to be a microSD card?? they are so darn expensive!! why not regular SD, im sure the space for the can be found... its like 3 times cheaper.. the 256gb are like 4 times lol.. and if somebody really wants to use a microSD he can just get an adaptor,
im gonna HATE it to have to hack my way in with a SD to microSD adaptor which will look like crap and be prone to problems..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back