The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Feb 10, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #616 of 7,793
Aptx Bluetooth ! ... I know Aptx bluetooth isn't the best for best sound quality but while I usually will be listening with my Ultimate Ears UE11, I do on occasions, like to stream wireless bluetooth music to my portable bluetooth speakers ... and portable bluetooth speakers are so common nowadays .. I had to forgo the X5 cuz it doesn't have Aptx bluetooth 

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #617 of 7,793
technically X3 is perfect for my needs,but it has a crapy UI compared to ipod.if fiio add a touch screen for x3,it's unbeatable.I'm waiting for the x3-touch.

I doubt that will happen.

The X3 is already released and many people like it the way it is, despite the UI infidelities.

x2 I also prefer the simpler design.

x3

The wheel should be the only control on the front of it. Adding separate buttons will no doubt make it too clunky and remove the cool looking aesthetics.

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #618 of 7,793
i like the new design, atleast the button aren't awkward like the x5.  I would suggest labeling the buttons though...i have the hardest time remembering their function

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #619 of 7,793
x3

The wheel should be the only control on the front of it. Adding separate buttons will no doubt make it too clunky and remove the cool looking aesthetics.

x4
Irregardless of UI implementation, the four buttons render the X1 into a commonplace "Chinese" DAP. Aside from those who, like myself, plan on purchasing a stable of X1s for secondary purposes, such as gym use and family "lending," your target market will, save for some light rumor that this little player can crush the iPod and its mainstream brethren, be coming blind to the X1.

The problem is that most consumers whittle down their candidates for purchase simply by saving what looks good to them. From what remains, they then select what offers the best in quality and features. I have no doubt that the X1 will win out over any "audiophile" DAPs developed for frugal enthusiasts, but, the design, in its current form, will bar its entry to the mainstream market in which it so deserves a chance. Remove the buttons and the bronze not for me, but for the greatly increased revenue such a change is nearly certain to bring.

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #620 of 7,793
  updated the newest design

if i weren't already havingt an X3, and getting an X5, this would definitely be on my list of WANT.

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #621 of 7,793
I like a lot the new design of the X1. It looks like the merge of the iPod Classic and an Sony Walkman. I'm only disapointed with the height of the DAP. If you can reduce it to 8 or 8,5 cm, it would be great. Why 8 (or 8,5 cm) ? Because it can almost match the size of the Sansa Fuze which look like an dwarf against others DAP in the market.

Will be the battery replaceable ? If the autonomy of the batterie could reach 20hrs, it would be great too. 

How you are you going to handle the fact that the LO and the HO have the same jack output ? Will it be a true Line-out or just the HO with a fixed volume level output ? How are we gonna to choose between the two ? A physical switch or a software one ? 

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #624 of 7,793
  is it possible to integrate the 4 buttons into the click wheel (like ipods)?

not if they want to avoid lawsuits.  Apple is relentless with that stuff.

Feb 12, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #627 of 7,793

then it should have a touch screen and some basic buttons for a blind/pocket control

Touch screen is not needed.  I'm not going to play games or watch media on the thing.

There is buttons, four of them.

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #628 of 7,793
I am actually okay with daps having a touchscreen, I found that I like browsing my files using the touchscreen , at the very least I don't really like using the a clicky button like a ffio x3 , I am okay with scroll wheel though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back