The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jan 28, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #571 of 7,793
  Sorry, the design is to be decided

should be really small and compact

maybe I am wrong, but I think people have different taste about the SQ. for example, some may prefer more bass but some may prefer more treble.

even the Sansa Clip and iPods are neutral in tone. if the X1 didn't have flat response, It wouldn't be dubbed an audiophile/hi-fi player... but just an affordable consumer DAP supporting 24bit tracks. do we need one? doubt it. the X1 should be a budget audiophile/hi-fi player, something like the HiFiMAN RE400 in IEMs. I think you should launch it in parallel with the new X3K and the market is yours
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #572 of 7,793
One word I never want to hear again.... "audiophile". lol

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #573 of 7,793
Jan 28, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #574 of 7,793
Haha I kind of get annoyed by that word sometimes xD but maybe not this time :D

Either way, I think it is a good idea too to launch the X3K with X1 together. Do like what Apple did to their product launch, BUT THERE IS ONE MORE THING XP introducing, the whole new X3k! Like the X1, it features our new design, the scroll wheel. In the process of designing the X3k, we................

I will stay up and stream the live launch of these two dap if it happen :D

I personally find my iNano 3rd to have slight upper mid push. iClassic 80GB to be very v-shape. Definitely not neutral IMO. It's okay to be different xD

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #575 of 7,793

should be really small and compact

even the Sansa Clip and iPods are neutral in tone. if the X1 didn't have flat response, It wouldn't be dubbed an audiophile/hi-fi player... but just an affordable consumer DAP supporting 24bit tracks. do we need one? doubt it. the X1 should be a budget audiophile/hi-fi player, something like the HiFiMAN RE400 in IEMs. I think you should launch it in parallel with the new X3K and the market is yours
wink.gif

X1 will have a flat response, but flat response does not equal to neutral/transparent.  I just want to explain that we try to provide different products to different people, not only in size, features and cost. unless you guys thinks everyone need the same SQ

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 28, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #576 of 7,793
If a sansa clip and an iPod already offers a neutral tone, then that should be the benchmark in terms of SQ and can only improved upon and not colored. I am pretty sure the differences between the iPod lines are the features and IMO is what should used to differentiate in pricing. Just my 2 pennies in the matter.

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #577 of 7,793

X1 will have a flat response, but flat response does not equal to neutral/transparent.  I just want to explain that we try to provide different products to different people, not only in size, features and cost. unless you guys thinks everyone need the same SQ

I, for one, would hope FiiO simply gets the best, most natural, most neutral sound quality from the X1 that is possible to achieve with the hardware that is going into the player.  It seems FiiO has chosen some very good DAC and amp chips for the price.  It would be a shame for them to be wasted on a player with intentional colorations (i.e. boosted bass). 

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #578 of 7,793

X1 will have a flat response, but flat response does not equal to neutral/transparent.

I'm kind of confused - does this just mean that, by measuring tools, the X1 measures flat, but to the ears, there's a bit of a bass bump? Because if it is then that's all I need to hear as a reassurance.

Remember, people, that a lot of gear measure the same way on a freakin' sine wave but not when music is concerned. For a hundred dollar player I really wouldn't mind as long as the bass doesn't move to the front ahead of the vocals, which is what some under-$1,000 CDPs do on my HD600.

Jan 29, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #579 of 7,793

little confusing. if you mean different timbre and tone colour (e.g. warmer/sweeter/natural), then I would say OK. some players are more analogue in sounding and some are more digital. so, you plan to make the X1 analogue like?

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #580 of 7,793
Jan 30, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #582 of 7,793
I would buy this thing in an instant if it were dead neutral. I don't want to spend a whole lot on a DAP, but I want something a bit better than the Sansa Clip+.

The X3 might be up your strata then.

Jan 31, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #585 of 7,793
James, could I suggest something? I don't know how others think about it, but it would be cool if you could put in a full size sd-card slot. Beside the size, there should not be a difference.

The full size sd-cards are always ahead of the micro sds when it comes to capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back