The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jan 23, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #499 of 7,793
When iBasso announced DX50, people were expecting it to be as good as DX100 but less featured edition. Turned out that DX50, without an amp, is a really not something to play with. Pretty much everybody uses with portable amps and suggests to use in that way.

Long story short: You will get approximately 200 250 USD less quality product, it can come from sound quality department, build quality, number of features etc.

It is just, expecting an entry level product to save your day while there are reference level products is kind of strange. At the end it all depends on your expectations and demands.

Jan 23, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #500 of 7,793
IMO X1 for affordable portable set up

X3 for better portable experience and you can choose to not pair it with an amp again since the built into one is great definitely not a lot of amp will beat it in terms of SQ but if you need power, you can add the E12

X5 for high end listening experience (obviously). If you are a portable guy, go for these! Double expansion slots means more space and each support up to 128GB and there will be a OTG support soon so maybe you are able to connect to an external hard drive.

If you wish to compare it to Apple iPod in terms of price and targeted customer (without comparing SQ since FiiO blow them out of water for that xD)
X1 = iShuffle
X3 = iNano
X5 = iClassic
X7 = iTouch (?)

FiiO may cost more but FiiO definitely surpass Apple iPod in terms of everything IMO with exception of UI since FiiO is still new about it but I guess it is just the matter of time FiiO will best it :D

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #501 of 7,793

X3 for better portable experience and you can choose to not pair it with an amp again since the built into one is great definitely not a lot of amp will beat it in terms of SQ but if you need power, you can add the E12

X5 for high end listening experience (obviously). If you are a portable guy, go for these! Double expansion slots means more space and each support up to 128GB and there will be a OTG support soon so maybe you are able to connect to an external hard drive.

If you wish to compare it to Apple iPod in terms of price and targeted customer (without comparing SQ since FiiO blow them out of water for that xD)
X1 = iShuffle
X3 = iNano
X5 = iClassic
X7 = iTouch (?)

FiiO may cost more but FiiO definitely surpass Apple iPod in terms of everything IMO with exception of UI since FiiO is still new about it but I guess it is just the matter of time FiiO will best it
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #503 of 7,793

X1 = iShuffle
X3 = iNano
X5 = iClassic
X7 = iTouch (?)

FiiO may cost more but FiiO definitely surpass Apple iPod in terms of everything IMO with exception of UI since FiiO is still new about it but I guess it is just the matter of time FiiO will best it
biggrin.gif

thanks , that is what we hope so and the X1 and new X3K will have better UI too ( The UI will designed by our new partner who help us designed the UI of X5 )

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 23, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #504 of 7,793
thanks , that is what we hope so and the X1 and new X3K will have better UI too ( The UI will designed by our new partner who help us designed the UI of X5 )

It is also worth getting a hands-on on the iNano and have a look at how their UI works to furthur improve FiiO DAP UI. I have watched a FiiO X5 UI video before posted by Joe and I think I would prefer something with more animations like what Apple did to their products without compromising the speed of the UI (well, except for iOS7 on iPhone4 with full memory)

Indeed FiiO DAP is something of high end compared to Apple iPods but IMO Apple iPods still win in UI and design but other than that, the FiiO is far more better than Apple iPods at all aspects (no need of iTunes :D )

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #505 of 7,793
I'm looking for a new DAP. I can't up my mind, Fiio X5 (A little over my budget) X3 X1 and Ibasso DX50. At the moment I use an IPod.
I would prefer use the DAP also as a DAC USB (Ibasso doesn't do this work) so what can I do?
I'm a newbie in Hi-Fi world so I don't have much expectation.

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #510 of 7,793
Just don't rush it...and Rockbox please. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back