The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
May 28, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #7,006 of 7,793
Make sure that you replace it by the first month if u have to...  If you didn't buy some extended warranty. 

Hopefully you  don't have to and the reset works

May 28, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #7,007 of 7,793
First thing might be to reset it...? Seems to solve a few problems

Make sure that you replace it by the first month if u have to...  If you didn't buy some extended warranty. 

Hopefully you  don't have to and the reset works
i reset, then i upgraded the firmware to 1.61, formatted my 64gb card , i'll see how it goes.. hopefully i dont have to return it, quite a hassle..

May 28, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #7,008 of 7,793
annnnnd it happen again, and again... reset again with the small hole, and via UI.. it happen again..
i guess i have ro return it.

May 28, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #7,009 of 7,793
Bad luck. Mine is on its way back from China after being repaired (no sound out despite playing the file, a hardware problem rather than a software issue). Bit of a pain to have to send it back - but FiiO have been very helpful. Hope you get sorted

May 28, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #7,010 of 7,793
ew
Bad luck. Mine is on its way back from China after being repaired (no sound out despite playing the file, a hardware problem rather than a software issue). Bit of a pain to have to send it back - but FiiO have been very helpful. Hope you get sorted
i actually own a Fiio M3 before buying X1.. was just starting to like Fiio too haha.. seller responded well, said he'll check 1st.. i doubt i'll get a 1 to 1 as i bought from an online seller via lazada that i think do not have a proper shop. but hope i can get it sorted out. worst i'll return via lazada and get a full refund.

May 29, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #7,011 of 7,793
Hope you get it sorted out quick with no hassle... What's your experience shopping in Lazada so far?

May 29, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #7,012 of 7,793
Hope you get it sorted out quick with no hassle... What's your experience shopping in Lazada so far?
been pretty good.. customer service is okay.. fast response.. but i mainly utilize lazada when theres promo or voucher codes.. got my X1, Q1 and M3 all with 10%-15% discounts..

May 30, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #7,013 of 7,793
Hello all.

I am trying to figure out which dap to get.

Is X1's SQ better than a normal smartphone ? (Note 4 / Nexus 6p / Samsung S7 / Iphone 6s ) ?
It will be paired with Fiio E12 .
I don't want to spend extra money if i don't have to (X3ii , Shanling m2 , Aune M2 ).
If the quality is inferior i will buy one of the three mentioned above.

May 30, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #7,014 of 7,793
  Hello all.

Is X1's SQ better than a normal smartphone ? (Note 4 / Nexus 6p / Samsung S7 / Iphone 6s ) ?
I don't want to spend extra money if i don't have to (X3ii , Shanling m2 , Aune M2 ).

Long story short, get the X1 and don't look back. It's more powerful than a standard smartphone and doesn't drain your phone's battery... that's one of the main reasons why I never listen music from smartphones in addition to their poor sound quality. And yes the X3ii may have some extra features in it but when talking only about sound quality, no I wouldn't pay the $100 extra for it to be honest.

May 30, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #7,015 of 7,793
Hello all.

Yes, X1 SQ will sound better than a normal smartphone. Will sound different as well with E12a.

DAP are mostly used for enjoying music, but with better SQ. DAP are build specially for audiophiles usages.

AMP/DAC are builds in different configurations, and SQ or Signatures can differ from DAP to DAP. If you considere yourself as a serious Audiophile, buy a DAP, not a Smartphone!!

I'm using Galaxy S4 as a SP. ... and my X3ii as a DAP. Yes, X1 will be just fine alone, or with E12. You can considere X3ii as well, alone, or with E12a, or E17k...

May 31, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #7,020 of 7,793
So, I'm looking for a DAP. Low budget one. Like X1 :)

However I'm going to use the DAP in my car as well, via the AUX connection. I know X1 can output to headphones as well as line level via single output, compared to X3ii that has 2 dedicated outputs. I'm really not sure if this small thing and the fact that X3ii got different/better DAC worth the extra 100$.

What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back