The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
May 15, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #6,961 of 7,793
Hello everyone.

I am considering to buy Fiio x1 and I have some questions.

1) The old song limit remains the same or is it fixed? I plan to use 128gb microsd.
2) Can it drive the new fostex t50rp mk3 at simply loud levels ? I wouldn't expect ear bleeding ones.
3) Should I consider something else in the same price range? Sony nw15 or xduoo x3 ?
4) Any sw/hw issues I should know about ?

Thanks in advance.

May 15, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #6,962 of 7,793
Hello everyone.

1) The old song limit remains the same or is it fixed? I plan to use 128gb microsd.
2) Can it drive the new fostex t50rp mk3 at simply loud levels ? I wouldn't expect ear bleeding ones.
3) Should I consider something else in the same price range? Sony nw15 or xduoo x3 ?
4) Any sw/hw issues I should know about ?

Thanks in advance.

Xduoo X3 and Rockbox it to fix pitch error. Not as nice UI but the SQ is way better plus two Microsd slots

May 15, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #6,963 of 7,793
Hello everyone.

Thanks in advance.

Tried it just now... And I suppose it depends on your definition of "simply loud" levels and also on the source material itself.

Here I have it at 89/100 volume on a purchased AAC/256 from iTunes that was released in 2015, and it roughly matched the volume of one notch below max on iPhone 6s Plus, with my Fostex T50RP MK3.

At full volume, I heard a little distortion on the X1 on that song, and overall volume was louder at max volume on X1 than on iPhone 6s Plus.

When I played a different, older file, a purchased AAC/256 from iTunes but that was originally mastered in 1986 (Janet Jackson), I could go up to 99/100 without distortion and it was "simply loud" to my ears without hurting.

Basically, to my ears I find the X1 drives the T50RP MK3 "adequately" at "simply loud levels" to my ears for all but the quietest source material, but if pushed too high for modern mastered audio, it can distort but is also too loud for my ears anyway.

May 15, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #6,964 of 7,793
Hello everyone.

The 5800 song limit of the media library was removed as of firmware 1.5, and 1.6 is already out, so you're good there.

May 18, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #6,966 of 7,793
Thank you all for the help.

One last question.

Fiio x1 or Xduoo x3 has better battery life and amp stage?

X1 has a slightly better battery life (by a couple hours). Not sure what you mean by amp stage?

May 18, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #6,968 of 7,793

Which one will drive better my fostex t50 mk3 ?

Both will do fine but the Xduoo X3 has more power in case you decide to get harder to drive headphones.

May 18, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #6,971 of 7,793
May 18, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #6,974 of 7,793

Indeed! Sometimes it's just a better and also perhaps a cheaper way in long term to make one great investment straight in the beginning than slowly torturing your wallet by buying a lot of crap incrementally...

Agreed, but I can ensure you being on this form you will learn a lot instead of wasting your money on low-end products like the X1 and wondering why you did. There are better options out there to get a bang for your buck, but I see you will learn that at some point. Happy Audiophile!  

May 18, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #6,975 of 7,793
  Agreed, but I can ensure you being on this form you will learn a lot instead of wasting your money on low-end products like the X1 and wondering why you did. There are better options out there to get a bang for your buck, but I see you will learn that at some point. Happy Audiophile!  

I agree but sometimes there're exceptions and it's justified to go with the cheaper option, like I did, if you already know that it will cover all the desired characteristics moderately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back