The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 21, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #31 of 7,793
Right now the only thing I want to see with this new dap is for it to be bug free.
I returned my X3 because it was buggy. I don't really have any interest in the X1 or the X5 if it's just more of the same.

Nov 21, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #36 of 7,793
B looks so much sweeter and sleeker to eyes, a budget version of x3 would be effing amazing! :) bbye sansa's :) We'll be keeping an eye on this. I mean I'll be grabbing this immediately once its out! 1st quarter of 2014? or 2nd quarter would be great! :) 

Nov 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #37 of 7,793
Dear James, will it be possible to make two versions of the X1 (X1A and X1B)?
As you can see opinions about the design of future buyers FiiO X1 apart. To someone like design X1A, same like other design X1B.

Nov 21, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #39 of 7,793
The problem with design B is that it just isn't nearly as "portable" as A because of its awkward length. "A" could easily be velcroed to an arm band--B would be quite awkward.

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #41 of 7,793
While I'd be happy with either design, I prefer 'A'.
Keep as portable and slim as possible, no clip. I agree with using standard sdhc cards unless it is not possible without adding significant bulk to the player.

UI is crucial. No player comes out perfect right away, but Im willing to wait/pay more to have a consistent experience.

I don't feel like a gain switch would be necessary with the current proposed specs with regards to its use as a portable player for IEMs.

Parametric EQ would of course be fantastic, but I'll take stability and performance over features and style any day.

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #42 of 7,793
  A looks better to me.   Any reason (aside from space I spose) not to go for the cheaper and more available sdhc cards instead of Micro?  128 gig cards are already available and prices are finally coming down.

I wouldn't either - I have enough spare microSD+SD adapters and SD cards lying around. Either way I'm gonna use these like tiny MiniDiscs hidden in a pocket in my bag instead of blowing more money on these things...for now at least.

------------------
  A parametric EQ would be cool. Another thing that would be excellent is a flat back. This would allow for flush piggybacking to an amp if more power is needed. I love the look of design A.

+1 for design A but no built into / fixed clip please... I don't want the player to add weight or space when it is not in use.

Add to that how the people who broke the clip on their Clips still have enough of it left to get in the way on most pants pockets.

----------------------------

The problem with design B is that it just isn't nearly as "portable" as A because of its awkward length. "A" could easily be velcroed to an arm band--B would be quite awkward.

Not necessarily, my brother had both iPod Minis of both shapes and the narrower one actually felt better in an armband when I jogged with them. Narrower width made it feel like it wasn't even in the armband, whereas the wider one can be felt whenever my arm moved, as the edges were no longer flush with my arm (then again maybe a better fitting armband could have fixed that). All other situations though I felt the A-shape was easier to hold with my hands and I'd prefer the X1 in that form factor.

Nov 22, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #44 of 7,793
Nov 22, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #45 of 7,793
  Then comes the comparison.... Apple iPod Shuffle vs Scandisk Sansa vs FiiO X1... the comparison between affordable or sub $100 DAP. Would love to see the result! 

the big difference is X1 supports high resolution music format and almost all lossless format. of course, we are not going to compare with Sansa or iPod. lol

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back