The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages
Apr 7, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #543 of 1,083

Look what I've just found out. The E10K running straight from my old Xperia M... without any external power.

Apr 7, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #545 of 1,083
  bet it drains battery :D

So, anyone here have e10k with hm5 ? I wonder if I should get it or something else.
Does hm5 gets warmer/bassier ?

I already told you about it because the XPT100, HM5 etc. are the exact same models just rebranded. Now, it depends on what other DAC's you were looking at, but considering I don't own any other ones I can't help you with that part.

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #546 of 1,083
oh yeah You did. My mind was totally somewhere else.
What about Sound Blaster Omni then ?
e10k still seem pretty great. Could o as You, disable gain and lower volume in windows, to be able to crank volume knob above1-2, to avoid unbalance. sound blaster omni costs exactly the same as e10k. asus u7 is more expensive but I dont really like the looks and volume wheel. And x-fi hd seems to have wonky amp/headphone input as I've seen in some reviews

edit: That way or another, I need to jump of onboard. The sound is so harsh in highs, my head explodes

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #547 of 1,083
Yeah, I've turned down my OS volume in order to turn up the knob on my e10k. I haven't noticed any imbalance at 1 and I sometimes go between 1-2. If you were to have some imbalance issues it would most likely turn up @ < 1 on the knob. Another thing to note that I've liked about having an external DAC is that I can go between different machines and not have to really worry about driver support etc.

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #548 of 1,083
  bet it drains battery :D

Yeah, roughly a percent every 2-3 minutes. At least one less brick (power bank) to use my E10K anywhere. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #549 of 1,083
I don't have imbalance but I do have some noise on right channel when tuning up or down the volume knob. It's a inherent 'issue' on this kind of mechanical thing, though... 

Apr 8, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #550 of 1,083
Hi Everyone.

I love the E10K I got recently, been using it with a Takstar Pro 80.

There is one issue with it. Sometimes, all of a sudden, the sound coming out of my computer starts to sound like someone is killing a cat with a percussion drill in a snowstorm. Not just the music in foobar, also youtube, the system notification sounds, everything. If I turn the E10k off and on again, everything goes back to normal. But that change in sound is killing my ears, it's really loud and happens too fast to avoid it.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the ASIO driver (using the official FiiO driver) or some windows setup? Or the e10k itself?

Please help!

Apr 8, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #551 of 1,083
This sound like exactly the same issue I have when connected to tv via hdmi. All of sudden, sound gets all horror like. But it last for a minute

btw nobody have a valid comparison to omni ?
edit: nevermind, ordered e10k

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #552 of 1,083
  Hi Everyone.

I love the E10K I got recently, been using it with a Takstar Pro 80.

There is one issue with it. Sometimes, all of a sudden, the sound coming out of my computer starts to sound like someone is killing a cat with a percussion drill in a snowstorm. Not just the music in foobar, also youtube, the system notification sounds, everything. If I turn the E10k off and on again, everything goes back to normal. But that change in sound is killing my ears, it's really loud and happens too fast to avoid it.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the ASIO driver (using the official FiiO driver) or some windows setup? Or the e10k itself?

Please help!

I had the same problem a while ago. I was playing some songs on Fidelia - Mac OS X and it happened. Also happened on youtube videos. I don't think that is related to drivers, then. 

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #553 of 1,083
I recently ordered a Fiio E10K, and this thread details what I've experienced: http://www.head-fi.org/t/762196/fiio-e10k-olympus-2

After searching this thread, I've found just 1 mention of the Olympus 2, and looking more carefully, I noticed that the E10K pictured on the box is much larger than the E10K I have, and is the E10K I see elsewhere. My box is the same too, just smaller. I really seem to basically have miniaturized, portable version of the E10K, and I've never heard of one. Is there such a model? Could I have gotten a counterfeit? I'll post pictures later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back