The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages
Feb 8, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #500 of 1,083
  Thanks ! and any other suggestions ? What about the new E17k ?

ye i wouldn't know you would need to do a research if it sounds just like e10k or better. are you looking for something better or the same? the advantage with e17k is it is portable if you have an iphone with ios7 or later or android phone that can use external dac. sometimes i forget that e10k sounds pretty good. after i use iphone when i go somewhere and then connect e10k and am i like wow does it actually play like that. so and it's pretty good to know there are better dacs, and ye if your iphone, android phone supports external dac you might want to buy a portable dac as well. to get the same quality on the go. i have iphone 3gs so external dacs don't work on mine. cheers

Feb 8, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #501 of 1,083

ye i wouldn't know you would need to do a research if it sounds just like e10k or better. are you looking for something better or the same? the advantage with e17k is it is portable if you have an iphone with ios7 or later or android phone that can use external dac. sometimes i forget that e10k sounds pretty good. after i use iphone when i go somewhere and then connect e10k and am i like wow does it actually play like that. so and it's pretty good to know there are better dacs, and ye if your iphone, android phone supports external dac you might want to buy a portable dac as well. to get the same quality on the go. i have iphone 3gs so external dacs don't work on mine. cheers

Yeah i was actually trying to know if there was something better out there for around this price range.But i guess in this price range.E10k seems to give the best performance/value as amp/dac combo.I usually just listen through my pc.I'm just curious if the E17k has a better dac to e10k or not.As so far,i haven't seen any comparison of these 2 amp/dac combo on the whole forum.The portabily factor of E17k is not much of a big deal to me.....Also i'm more interested that the dac part must be good.Cuz as far as amp goes,i intend to buy a good amp like the cayin c5 later on anyway. Cheers!

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #502 of 1,083
I was messing around with my gear, just found that my X2 sounds better on E10K direct out than its amp.
Did anyone have the same feeling ? =p

Feb 13, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #504 of 1,083
Finally pulled the plug,and got this bad boy yesterday.
Its my first dac/amp so i don't have anything to compare it to,but all i can say is,it sounds WAY better than my onboard audio.
Sound just got more cleaner,with more body,bass hits stronger.The bass boost sounds very good,with EDM tracks especially,just gives that extra kick.The HPs i use are the M50x.Overall impression is this thing is awesome.

Feb 14, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #506 of 1,083
  Yeah i was actually trying to know if there was something better out there for around this price range.But i guess in this price range.E10k seems to give the best performance/value as amp/dac combo.I usually just listen through my pc.I'm just curious if the E17k has a better dac to e10k or not.As so far,i haven't seen any comparison of these 2 amp/dac combo on the whole forum.The portabily factor of E17k is not much of a big deal to me.....Also i'm more interested that the dac part must be good.Cuz as far as amp goes,i intend to buy a good amp like the cayin c5 later on anyway. Cheers!

as far as i know you can't use e17k as an iphone or android smartphone dac only on computer. so really kind of pointless i think only as an amplifier. 

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #507 of 1,083
Just got my E10K and really like it. But there is something strange. I have several micro usb cables from other devices. When I try to use some of them with the E10K they work fine but other ones I have will not work. When I plug them in to my PC or my Macbook the blue power light on the E10K lights up but the computer does not recognize the device as a choice to chose from. The E10K simply does not show up. The cables are good as they work with other devices. Some cables work fine some don't work at all. Is there a difference in micro usb cables? Curious, anyone else experience this problem.

Jeff

Feb 25, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #508 of 1,083
  Just got my E10K and really like it. But there is something strange. I have several micro usb cables from other devices. When I try to use some of them with the E10K they work fine but other ones I have will not work. When I plug them in to my PC or my Macbook the blue power light on the E10K lights up but the computer does not recognize the device as a choice to chose from. The E10K simply does not show up. The cables are good as they work with other devices. Some cables work fine some don't work at all. Is there a difference in micro usb cables? Curious, anyone else experience this problem.

Jeff

When you use those cables with other devices, are they recognized by the computer? Some USB cables are designed for "charging" only, the data pins are not connect, they only provide power. That may be why the E10k powers up but isn't recognized by the computer.

Feb 25, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #510 of 1,083
  Is there a way to tell if the cable is for charging only other then trial and error.

Jeff

Checking information with the producer ? I don't know.
I've lost some sensible devices by this thing already, even a ipod shuffle. 

My E10K works with my kindle and cellphone micro usb cable. If you're trying to find some improvement in SQ, don't worry about usb cable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back