The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages
Dec 9, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #346 of 1,083
Unfortunately, all my motherboard drivers are up to date and and I was already using a USB 2.0 input. Now, I am plugging in to my Dell port replicator/dock vs. straight in to the laptop. Not sure if that would make a difference. It sucks because the USB receiver in this DAC will not work with ASIO4ALL either so I might have to trade this in and try the Schiit Fulla if I can't get it stable.

Dec 9, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #349 of 1,083
I don't see why it wouldn't work. In fact, if all you had was the E10K you could use one of those usb battery packs and an OTG Y cable. Just hook the bottom end of the Y to the media device, one of the two to the DAC and the other to the usb battery pack. Boom, portable E10K.

Dec 13, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #352 of 1,083
Hey guys! Newbie here,I recently posted about getting an amp/DAC for my akg k240 mkii's and my k550s and was pointed in the direction of the fiio e10k, my current primary station is an old hp computer.... anyways I was wondering what I might expect or need to know about this specific item.

Dec 18, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #357 of 1,083
Hi, which one is better for Sennheiser Momentum over-ear strictly with PC use. Fiio E10K, E07K or E11K? here is my thread for reference. kindly help. thanks

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746630/sennheiser-momentum-over-ear-low-volume-with-realtek-alc1150

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #358 of 1,083
  Hi, which one is better for Sennheiser Momentum over-ear strictly with PC use. Fiio E10K, E07K or E11K? here is my thread for reference. kindly help. thanks

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746630/sennheiser-momentum-over-ear-low-volume-with-realtek-alc1150

If you plan on using it to listen to audio on your desktop or laptop computer, the E10K works perfectly fine. The other two are portable amps. Regarding your other thread, the Momentums are only 18 ohms and are probably designed to be connected to anything, so I don't know why the volume would be low connected straight to your computer.

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #359 of 1,083
thanks for reply. i'm also surprised about the low volume of Momemtum and my old beats studios working fine with my PC. is my headphones defected or is this some kinda technical scenario i don't know and i cannot RMA it because i don't live in the US. thanks for your suggestion. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #360 of 1,083
Hi all! I downloaded the ASIO driver from Fiio and it seems that the fiio control panel must remained opened for it to function as 24-bit, else my player keep detecting it as 16-bit.

It is also not in exclusive mode; I was able to play youtube videos and hearing them which otherwise would not be possible via WASAPI. Is not being in exclusive mode considered to be "normal" in ASIO drivers?

The asio driver also enabled the e10k to decode DTS Audio / Dolby Digital / Microsoft WMA Pro Audio as listed under the Sound Settings. The sound test for these codecs will fail (you would not hear any sound during these tests) using the default drivers without the asio.

This is my first dac/amp, hence I'm wondering if this is normal in a dac/amp?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back