The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages
Dec 6, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #316 of 1,083
Currently happy with this setup
etysmile.gif

High gain with Bass Boost ON
basshead.gif

Dec 6, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #322 of 1,083
  It's the brother E11K

It is indeed. I'd highly recommend the pairing if it's in your budget. The amp in the E11K is more powerful, and the sound is nicer. You can clearly hear a difference if you move from the E10K to E11K with a song playing.

The bass boost on the E11K is much tidier too - it's not as boomy as the E10K's bass boost.

Dec 7, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #323 of 1,083

It is indeed. I'd highly recommend the pairing if it's in your budget. The amp in the E11K is more powerful, and the sound is nicer. You can clearly hear a difference if you move from the E10K to E11K with a song playing.

The bass boost on the E11K is much tidier too - it's not as boomy as the E10K's bass boost.

ok, I know I'll sound stupid asking this, but is there a Fiio product that's basically the E10K and E11K combined in one body?

I got the E07K a few days ago and it sounds good.... but I'm open to returning it and getting something "better" for maybe another $50 to $100..

My main use will be listening on a PC(at home) and a Macbook Air(for travel).  

Thanks!

Dec 7, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #324 of 1,083

ok, I know I'll sound stupid asking this, but is there a Fiio product that's basically the E10K and E11K combined in one body?

I got the E07K a few days ago and it sounds good.... but I'm open to returning it and getting something "better" for maybe another $50 to $100..

My main use will be listening on a PC(at home) and a Macbook Air(for travel).  

Thanks!

There's no such thing as a stupid question :)

I've wondered the same thing myself, but never bothered to look into it, as I wanted the separate amp to use elsewhere. Maybe someone else here will know...

Dec 7, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #325 of 1,083

If you like the E11K more then why do you have the E10K as well?

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #329 of 1,083
Hi guys, when I turn up and down the volume knob of E10K, there is quite a audible hiss on the left side of my Audio Technica ATH-IM 02. It is not present on the right side of the same IEM.

The hiss only happens in the left side only when there is music playing and when I turn the volume knob up and down. If there is no music playing and I turn the volume knob, there is no hiss whatsoever on both sides.

I tried to change the cable with the replacement cable but the result is the same. I've also tested with Shure SE215 and the problem persists.

Does this fall under "defects in materials and materials" and would I be able to claim warranty through Fiio?

Dec 7, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #330 of 1,083

Hahaha. It was an "Australianism" (read: swear word)

Translated to english as: The E10K DAC is far superior to the default output.

Can you spell out the word or point me to a dictionary site that has the word?

Always want to learn more Austrlian curse words.... I go to Outback Steakhouse quite often... they don't seem to speak Australian at all! 

Back to the E10K....does it sound better than the E07K, when connected to the Macbook?   I bought the E07K a few days ago, still got until 1/31 to return it for full refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back