The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages
Oct 25, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #290 of 1,083
the line output it's only a DAC output, it's unamped, you must use it for an active pair of speaker, or a power amp

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #293 of 1,083
  If you have pc speakers plugged into the line out and you plug in your headphones, will it cut the sound to the speakers?

Nope, both output will remain active at the same time.
After my tests, it seems headphone out is not impacted at all when listening something at the same time with line out (with both gain and bass boost).

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #294 of 1,083
  Nope, both output will remain active at the same time.
After my tests, it seems headphone out is not impacted at all when listening something at the same time with line out (with both gain and bass boost).

Ugh!  I was hoping it would kill the sound so when I plug in my headphones, the speakers would go off.  Is there another comparable dac/amp in this price range that would cut the sound on the line out?

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #296 of 1,083
I'm seriously considering this dac for my setup but I'm bit unsure where I should buy it. Cheapest new ones I've found are in ebay from hong kong (for 64 euros or so), but what are the chances these are fake? Another option for me is using Amazon.de or uk since I live in EU. So does anyone have experience buying possibly even from that seller (not going to link since that probably is against the rules).

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #297 of 1,083
There's no reason to risk for just 10 euros less. I bought it for 76€ on amazon, fast shipping, I can return it, I'll have fast warranty. Really no reason to buy anything on eBay or directly from china et similar

anyway, as we are discussing it in the X2 thread, I find the E10K a bit harsh on the highs. It's frequency response is flat AFAIK so it shouldn't be "bight", but with some cans it may possibly sound too sharp. Any of you experienced this with other cans?

Nov 8, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #299 of 1,083
I'm seriously considering this dac for my setup but I'm bit unsure where I should buy it. Cheapest new ones I've found are in ebay from hong kong (for 64 euros or so), but what are the chances these are fake? Another option for me is using Amazon.de or uk since I live in EU. So does anyone have experience buying possibly even from that seller (not going to link since that probably is against the rules).

Try mp4nation.net, free shipping and good service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back