The Exotic Fruit Forum
Dec 17, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #46 of 71
Dec 17, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #47 of 71
Dragonfruits don't taste exotic enough.
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #49 of 71
Wow, i went threw the whole thread and these fruits are amazing! I was thinking about exotic fruits a few weeks ago, and i wish i could find some around my local outdoor markets. Is there a website where i can get an assortment of these exotic fruits?

Dec 18, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #52 of 71
breadfruit

roasted breadfruit

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #54 of 71
I dislike the lanzones (called langsat here) because the sap. The taste is good, but all those sap.... And when you careless and bit into the seed, ewwww, the bitter taste :p
Yay for the sugar apple/sugar pinneaple!!! It's not the season yet here in Indonesia, so I can only drooling lolQuote:
Lanzones

Sugar-pineapple.

This one is yummy when roasted!!! Cut into thin pieces, flavor with a bit of salt then roast!!! The flavor is great!
Quote:
breadfruit

roasted breadfruit

Is this plant the same to this http://myherbsweblog-medicineplant.blogspot.com/2011/04/som-java-talinum-paniculatum-jaq-gaertn.html ? If yes, then my sister planted one before. She called it "Ginseng Jawa" or "Javanesse Ginseng" if you translate it directly into English, but I don't think it a kind of 'true' Ginseng Very easy to multiply, just broke a branch, then plant on soil. Keep it watered, it will grow root after several days.
Quote:
Anyone growing Ginsing in their yard? I know not a fruit.

Agree. I was excited when I got to taste the 1st time, but disappointed by the taste. Just not strong enough for my taste. The "earthy" flavor is nice though.
Quote:
Dragonfruits don't taste exotic enough.
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #55 of 71

Is this plant the same to this http://myherbsweblog-medicineplant.blogspot.com/2011/04/som-java-talinum-paniculatum-jaq-gaertn.html ? If yes, then my sister planted one before. She called it "Ginseng Jawa" or "Javanesse Ginseng" if you translate it directly into English, but I don't think it a kind of 'true' Ginseng Very easy to multiply, just broke a branch, then plant on soil. Keep it watered, it will grow root after several days.

Yes, many different types of Ginseng. Very rarely will I eat something from the yard not knowing exactly what it is. There was a lot of deadly flowers which I have seen and learned about. Very scary. Many of them were either red or purple. After some education I did try this. Not as strong as American Ginseng or China Ginseng. I guess there are about nine different types and one is more of a mental adaptation agent where the other is a physical adaptation agent. Interesting to learn about.

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #56 of 71
Here are some of my favorites I can't get them here

Black Current

Korean Pear

Korean Mellon

Lychee

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #57 of 71
 The Korean Pear and Lychee I could buy in Anaheim California. Maybe not where you live though.

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #58 of 71

Quote:
It may be a dialect or slang term, but not in standard Vietnamese -- they're Măng cụt, which I think is a phonetic rendering of mangosteen.

The king!  What sets durian apart from any other fruit is the complexity of the flavour, different tastes varying from fruit to fruit, and even within different parts of the same fruit (like a good wine!).

Growing in Cambodia:

And the flower; the fruit needs a pretty strong stalk to hang from!

the saying in my place -- they have eyes, maybe too tiny for our naked eye to spot : )
i rarely heard them drop on people's head really (their trees can be very tall)...
or else they would have at one point in ancient times used it as catapult projectiles...
evil_smiley.gif

heck works for me... at least its bio-degradable and delicious too (ammunition and food supply)
... not the least like those **** nuclear weapons.

my place they name it as king of fruits (warm) and mangosteen as queen (cooling)
, they should be eaten together : ) yum yum...
wink.gif

oh and i love RAMBUTAN! they are just fun to look at and cute...

Dec 21, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #60 of 71
Yeah when I lived in a metro area, this and much more was available to me.  However where I live now it's not, poor me.

Quote:
 The Korean Pear and Lychee I could buy in Anaheim California. Maybe not where you live though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back