"The Equivalent of a Deep, Relaxed Sleep in Just 25 Minutes" BS or does it work?
Aug 20, 2003 at 3:37 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

It's not good to nap for more than 45 minutes. You just can't wake back up and be productive.

So that's why I'm always so groggy and in a bad mood after I take a nap for an hour or two! Thanks for the advice.

dj_digital

Aug 20, 2003 at 3:45 PM Post #17 of 27
I wish I could do the impromtu naps like that. Even when I'm very tired it still takes me 30 to 45 minutes to fall asleep at night, although I have had great sucess sleeping on the bus on the way to work. Maybe I'll try that. Just fall asleep when I board my second bus and wake up when I get downtown. That'd be a good 40 minutes or so...

Aug 20, 2003 at 4:02 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by donovansmith
I wish I could do the impromtu naps like that. Even when I'm very tired it still takes me 30 to 45 minutes to fall asleep at night, although I have had great sucess sleeping on the bus on the way to work. Maybe I'll try that. Just fall asleep when I board my second bus and wake up when I get downtown. That'd be a good 40 minutes or so...

Or you might miss your stop and sleep for an hour or two.
tongue.gif

Aug 20, 2003 at 6:20 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by MadDog5145
This is very interesting. However I have problems just falling asleep. Normally it will take me an hour after laying down before I actually start sleeping. Any solution to this so I can power nap too?

Me too. It's like before a certain time, I can't fall asleep.

Crap! Those hypnosis things freak me out! It almost seems evil, like they're hypnotizing you or something (aren't I the smart one?). Erg, that guys freaks me out. Also, his voice is so loud that it keeps waking me up. I did start to get a little drowsy during that time, but I was very uncomfortable listening to it and it kept me awake. Besides, I wasn't sleepier at any noticable degree when I flicked back on "We Won't Get Fooled Again" than what I was before. I'm very tired today, and I should probably take a nap, BUT I WON'T.
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2003 at 8:05 AM Post #20 of 27
I wish power naps were an option for me. Every time I set my alarm, I wake up, turn it off, and go back to sleep...and i retain no memory of doing this when i wake up however many hours later. At first I thought my alarm clock might be busted, but then I realized it was my brain.
frown.gif

Aug 22, 2003 at 12:52 AM Post #22 of 27
Ok so these short naps really work but does anybody here have that exact speed sleep cd.Just wondering if that could help me out because it often takes me a while to actually fall asleep. (I start thinking too much!)

dj_digital

Nov 8, 2003 at 5:09 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by djdigital
How about this link ? The free preview stream at the end of the page, is that what it sounds like? Cause if it's similar I could just record it with total recorder and burn it.

dj_digital

Oh my, to my ears, his voice is so annoying! I just couldn't fall asleep to that!

Nov 8, 2003 at 6:21 AM Post #25 of 27
There is no substitute for real sleep. Power naps may make your body feel better but your mind doesn't relly refresh until it has had a good cycle or so of very deep REM sleep.

I think the wonderful placebo effect in these recordings will get you to sleep quicker, and possibly make you "feel" more refreshed, but they are simply too good to be true.

What really gets me is the mutilation of the sleep cycle on his page. REM occurs at stage 4 sleep along with delta waves? What? I mean perhaps he tried to simplify entirely too much, but it looks to me like he just wanted to sound impressive.

Spend the money on a few good classical CDs and I think you'll get more out of it.

Nov 8, 2003 at 12:27 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by sephka
I wish power naps were an option for me. Every time I set my alarm, I wake up, turn it off, and go back to sleep...and i retain no memory of doing this when i wake up however many hours later. At first I thought my alarm clock might be busted, but then I realized it was my brain.
frown.gif

i had the same problem...what i did was to get a decent (loud) sony alarm clock with dual alarms & place it across the room so i would have to get up & walk across the room in order to turn it off...best to put the alarm clock in a fairly hard to access spot & to have lots of things to step over/around...

some of this may sound a bit silly but i was in a situation for 11 months where i absolutely had to be on time & couldn't afford to oversleep...

Nov 13, 2003 at 10:05 AM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by emelius
i had the same problem...what i did was to get a decent (loud) sony alarm clock with dual alarms & place it across the room so i would have to get up & walk across the room in order to turn it off...best to put the alarm clock in a fairly hard to access spot & to have lots of things to step over/around...

a teacher once recommended me this because i was often late to class. it works fairly well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back