The Endorsement: LG Chocolate
Aug 12, 2006 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

usc goose

Headphoneus Supremus
I dig this phone. Just thought I'd share. I'm not a real big gadget guy, I haven't used the camera or the music plater yet but the phone just looks cool, feels nice in the hand and reception is great. So it works for me. So yeah... anyone else have one? Sexy ain't it?

Aug 12, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by euclid
thanks for the heads up, i am in dire need of a new phone mine is about 3 years old. i will definatley keep this LG in mind. i found this showcase with some other slim phones due out soon.

http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2...25/181102.html

does this LG chocolate have a heaphone jack or only bluetooth?

has an adaptor thing that plugs into the charge port for the headphone out. i think it's the smaller than normal variant headphone jack (2.5mm)? i'll post again in a week or so if i start using the music player. for now i've got this big test coming up so i should be studying.

Aug 13, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #4 of 26
I heard the commercial on the radio a couple days ago, it repeated chocolate so many times that I'll probably never forget about this product for the rest of my life
rolleyes.gif
. It does look very sleek though.

Aug 13, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #5 of 26
I went to the store and I liked it, it also has a similar to the verizon interface but it's different, thats why I like it. I recently went from motorola v710 to a E815 because it does not have the verizon interface wich I dislike a lot. I also tried the new samsung phone, has a sweet 3.2 mp camera but I found the camera a bit on the slow side, If I didn't get the E815 my other options would have been those. I hear motorola is going to make a razr style slide phone.

Aug 13, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #6 of 26
I was considering this phone as well, but according to a review i read it has terrible interfacing, especially with the music player, and is generally hard to use. Ive begun thinking of getting an unlocked phone so that i could get the 'full' use of the bluetooth, as opposed to the dumbed-down version that verizon gives you.

Aug 13, 2006 at 1:50 PM Post #7 of 26
The interfacing is awful. It is so touchy and the settings adjustment for this does little. You can pick it up and accidentally call 10 people, send 3 text messages and check your voicemail without realizing it.

Aug 13, 2006 at 2:20 PM Post #8 of 26
Seems that Cellphone technology over at USA kinda sucks...The LG chocolate has been out in my country for quite some time and no one was having even a big fuss about it....Oh, and sorry to motorola fanboys out there, but I always felt that motorola phones sucked big time. They're not user friendly and have bad specifications...Btw, check out Jap phones that can be used internationally like those from Sharp. I'am using the 903SH and 904SH at the moment...

Aug 13, 2006 at 3:19 PM Post #9 of 26
It looks quite nice and very cheap too (relatively). I expect alot of people to have these very soon...

My verizon contract ends in November-ish so I wonder if I will pick one of these up myself.

Can you compare this to the Motorola Q anyone?

Aug 13, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by razer
Seems that Cellphone technology over at USA kinda sucks...The LG chocolate has been out in my country for quite some time and no one was having even a big fuss about it....Oh, and sorry to motorola fanboys out there, but I always felt that motorola phones sucked big time. They're not user friendly and have bad specifications...

I'll second everything that you said here. Whenever I'm back in Korea visiting relatives, I never have any cellular problems. But when I'm home or at school here in the US, I can't stand the cellular service. And yes, Motorola does bite the big one. I've had a V551 for like two years and I swear I'll never buy another Moto again.

Aug 14, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #12 of 26
Despite my thoughts on the Chocolate, LG does make wonderful phones overall. Motorola is bad but used to be better. The Timeport/Startac was an excellent model. Their refusal to pick up T9 for text messaging is a deal breaker for me though (itap sucks). Always hated Samsungs but one model was great. I guess each company has some good and bad.

MuZI: The Q and Chocolate are COMPLETELY different phones. They are on opposite ends of the spectrum. The Q is an all out PDA with a great screen and nice html highspeed internet capabilities. The chocolate is a mp3 player/phone. The Q is a very good PDA actually. Verizon has many PDA models, best thing is to go audition some.

Aug 14, 2006 at 3:59 PM Post #13 of 26
That looks nice! I want it...

Will75, the Startac is properly ancient. I think it was the first clamshell phone. Nice solid matte-black plastic clamshell.

Dec 17, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #14 of 26
Just wondering if anyone has tried the mp3 player capabilities on the Chocolate. I was wondering if I should make the investment (microsd card + reader + 2.5" to 3.5" adapter ~$30) to use it as one.

Dec 17, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #15 of 26
Try it! If you can get all that for $30, then by all means do so! One of my friends has a nokia n80 with 1GB miniSD card and he uses it all the time as a mp3 player. The chocolate has player controls on the face, correct? If so then I'm sure some thought was put into the software part too
biggrin.gif

That name, though. Pure genius. Marketing chaps need a raise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back