The Emm Labs XDS1 is available!
Jan 4, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #16 of 28
You know, I always have trouble expressing my impressions on equipment, other than to say it sounds great. Let's see - wide open soundstage, imaging of instruments is superb, deep bass extension, voices & instruments are "palpable." I have my Sony Blu-Ray connected through one of the digital inputs, and I must say it's never sounded better.

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by docmark@telus.net /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, I always have trouble expressing my impressions on equipment, other than to say it sounds great. Let's see - wide open soundstage, imaging of instruments is superb, deep bass extension, voices & instruments are "palpable." I have my Sony Blu-Ray connected through one of the digital inputs, and I must say it's never sounded better.

Nicely stated.

Improvement over the previous stack is moderate or mind blowing?
normal_smile .gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #20 of 28
When has anyone ever divulged what the actual parts of something cost to make,huh? It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it and I'd say EMM Labs has a pretty good track record considering they are nowhere near the most expensive stuff on the market and are always considered among the best of the best. No insult intended,Gary.

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #21 of 28
Since its launch I think the XDS1 is my dream machine but I will not be able to afford it unless I sell something.

Do you guys that if this is worth my selling of my Emm Labs CDSA SE, Chord Blu + Chord QBD76 to raise funds for this purchase ?

F. Lo

Jan 11, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$25k? Hmmm. I have enough in savings to buy that.

On Tuesday, I was nosing around a duplex that should list around $70k and generate about $1,200 a month in revenue.

I'd rather put $25k down on the duplex because it will generate money for decades, comes with tax deductions and can be sold for what I paid for it.

As soon as someone develops a five figure piece of equipment that generates money, I'll be the first in line.

Let's look at the numbers 20 years out.

Assuming rents stay the same, 240 months at $1,200 is $288,000. Even if you cut that in half for taxes and maintenance and deduct the balance of the purchase price, I'd still be about $100k ahead.

In 20 years, the Emm Labs might fetch $500 or $1,000, assuming it still works and assuming that anyone still uses physical discs instead of some überserver with far, far better circuits than this thing has.

You don't discount future earnings? (Implies you'd loan money at zero interest rate)

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since its launch I think the XDS1 is my dream machine but I will not be able to afford it unless I sell something.

Do you guys that if this is worth my selling of my Emm Labs CDSA SE, Chord Blu + Chord QBD76 to raise funds for this purchase ?

F. Lo

If you do sell your QBD76, might I be able to try it out first?

Jan 12, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you do sell your QBD76, might I be able to try it out first?

Will bear this in mind. But I am located in Asia so there can be logistic hurdles to overcome and the unit is 220V a.c. version. I am planning to sell the QBD76 and Blue (together with the very artistic coral stand) as one ste - and hopefully will help my acquistion of the XDS1 in a major way.

Regards,
F. Lo

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

F. Lo

might be, unless you'd like to go to the computer based music like i have (w/ dac-2), as far as I know the DACs in the xsd1 and dac-2 are the same. I got the dac-2 because of versatility and the CDSA doesn't have any digital inputs. or you can upgrade your CDSA for about 1500 and it will sound strinkingly better

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$25k? Hmmm. I have enough in savings to buy that.

On Tuesday, I was nosing around a duplex that should list around $70k and generate about $1,200 a month in revenue.

I'd rather put $25k down on the duplex because it will generate money for decades, comes with tax deductions and can be sold for what I paid for it.

As soon as someone develops a five figure piece of equipment that generates money, I'll be the first in line.

Let's look at the numbers 20 years out.

Assuming rents stay the same, 240 months at $1,200 is $288,000. Even if you cut that in half for taxes and maintenance and deduct the balance of the purchase price, I'd still be about $100k ahead.

In 20 years, the Emm Labs might fetch $500 or $1,000, assuming it still works and assuming that anyone still uses physical discs instead of some überserver with far, far better circuits than this thing has.

I don't know who is dreaming more you or the guy that stared this thread.
A duplex that should list around $70k and a return of $1200 gross a month Hmmmm. And of-course that's saying you always have good tenant's that pay.
Or the tenant could put 10% down on a 30 year fixed monthly payments including tax and insurance of $481 per mo. And rend out the other apartment.

ss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back