The Eclipse TD-M1 IN STOCK!
May 6, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #16 of 79
Is this the same eclipse brand that makes car audio head units?  I used to love those but you know how it is nowadays with new cars.  Can't really add anything unless you buy all sorts of expensive gear to hijack the stock system that ties into too much of the car's own cpu.  Never buy a porsche with a bose unit.  Get a stock unit so you can actually mod it. Or buy a newer porsche and get the burmeister stereo option for an extra kidney.

May 6, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #17 of 79
HI All,

The response to our loaner program has been fantastic! We have sent 2 Pair of the TD-M1 speakers out and 1 more pair will be shipping to a loaner participant this week. That means we have invested and will be loaning 3 pair of them so that all of you will get a chance as soon as possible.

The loaner program is for USA only - sorry! We are only permitted to sell them in the USA and the shipping costs as well as the time it would take for international loans does not make it something we can do right now.

I am grouping the loaners into areas of the USA to cut down on shipping time and costs. The loaners will be shipped to those who have emailed me with their information. They will be sent to the first ones who sent the info first.

We do expect that care will be given to keep these speakers in like new condition and that all parts will be passed on to the next person. There is NO charge for the loaner program other than the shipping costs to the next participant UNLESS the speakers are damaged or parts disappear. When you receive the speakers make sure all of the parts are there (a checklist was included) and by all means HAVE FUN with them!!!

And as for the deleted posts - it wasn't me who deleted them...

Todd

May 6, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #18 of 79
  HI All,

The response to our loaner program has been fantastic! We have sent 2 Pair of the TD-M1 speakers out and 1 more pair will be shipping to a loaner participant this week. That means we have invested and will be loaning 3 pair of them so that all of you will get a chance as soon as possible.

The loaner program is for USA only - sorry! We are only permitted to sell them in the USA and the shipping costs as well as the time it would take for international loans does not make it something we can do right now.

I am grouping the loaners into areas of the USA to cut down on shipping time and costs. The loaners will be shipped to those who have emailed me with their information. They will be sent to the first ones who sent the info first.

We do expect that care will be given to keep these speakers in like new condition and that all parts will be passed on to the next person. There is NO charge for the loaner program other than the shipping costs to the next participant UNLESS the speakers are damaged or parts disappear. When you receive the speakers make sure all of the parts are there (a checklist was included) and by all means HAVE FUN with them!!!

And as for the deleted posts - it wasn't me who deleted them...

Todd

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the update. Are you sending out any kind of confirmation e-mail so we know we are on the list? I e-mailed my info on 5/2, but just wanted to make sure you received it. Also, if there's any way for us to know where we are on the list so we have an idea of the approximate time frame, that would be great too. (Just to make sure I am not going to be out of town then, etc.)

Thanks for setting this up.

May 6, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #19 of 79
Hi darinf,

Wow, you mistake me for someone who is organized - just kidding of course. I will send a confirmation email in a day or so. I have to sort out where everyone is and put them in the order I received their request and then I will be able to tell approx when they will receive them. I send an email out before I give the address out to make sure whoever is about to get them will be ready. So, at least we are off and running. I am glad you guys are excited about getting them - we will try to make this process as fast as possible!

Todd

May 6, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #20 of 79

Sorry Todd for not replying to your e-mail, I've been quite busy.

I wish you the best of luck and the highest level of success in the process, thanks for organizing it. If only I could participate...

Have a nice day !

May 7, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #21 of 79
I have sorted out the loaner program. There will be 3 loaner pairs of the TD-M1 speakers - 1 for the east coast, 1 for the midwest and 1 for the west coast. 2 pair have already been shipped and the 3rd pair is leaving by Friday. So far there have been about 20 folks signed up and the distribution of geographic areas is pretty even so you will be looking at anywhere form a 1 week wait to an 8 or 9 week wait. I will allow a few more people to sign up and then I will close the loaner program. There are about 6 people on each geographical list... the first ones to email their info to me are at the top of the list...

I will email each of you a few days before the Eclipse TD-M1 is scheduled to ship to you to verify you will be available to receive, use and ship them back out. In the event you cannot you will move to the bottom of the list but remain as a scheduled participant.

Have fun and enjoy! I look forward to your impressions.

Todd

May 8, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #22 of 79
I just received my loner pair today! Installing the drivers and using the built in DAC not an aftermarket DAC. Unfortunately, I don't have a subwoofer to pair with these. My initial impression is these are way bigger and heavier than I initially thought (good thing) also the stand is all metal (maybe aluminum) and the plastics used are very high grade/ dense. These do not feel cheap at all in hand.

May 9, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #27 of 79
i would say 70hz down to

in ther manual pdf they say 30khz, yet i think their talking about amp not the speaker.
by desing i think 14khz would be the highest.
thanks for the link, interesting read.

May 9, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #28 of 79
HI All,

All 3 pairs of the Eclipse TD-M1 have been shipped. 2 pair have been received and the 3rd pair will arrive mid to late next week. I look forward to all of your impressions!

There are still a few spots open if you want to participate in this program! Email me with your info and you will be added to the list.

Todd

May 10, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #29 of 79
  HI All,

All 3 pairs of the Eclipse TD-M1 have been shipped. 2 pair have been received and the 3rd pair will arrive mid to late next week. I look forward to all of your impressions!

There are still a few spots open if you want to participate in this program! Email me with your info and you will be added to the list.

Todd

Does using the aux in on the Eclipse bypass the Eclipse's internal DAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back