The Eclectic Underground Dumpster
Nov 27, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #318 of 3,324

Nov 29, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #321 of 3,324
Yep, not a bad comparison. Hala Strana is one of many recording names that Steven R. Smith uses--he's basically got one name for every style that he dabbles in, and with Hala Strana he was going for a bit of a Slavic music influence. All his music is pretty top notch hazy psych folk/post-rock stuff, but I like the stuff he's released under the Hala Strana moniker best probably. Believe that most of his discography is on Bandcamp.

Anyway, here's the opening track from Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus's most recent album--came out a couple of years ago. Sort of Dead Can Dance-ish, and a bit of a departure from their late 80s/early 90s material. I hear tell that they have a new album coming out next year--definitely looking forward to it.

Nov 30, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #324 of 3,324
This won't play for me, Blake - I think quite a few of the vids you post are restricted to the US, which is not normally a problem if I go through a US proxy but even that failed me this time!

Thanks for the head's up Ed. If anyone knows how to avoid or get around this territory restriction issue, please let me know.

Nov 30, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #325 of 3,324
Thanks for the head's up Ed. If anyone knows how to avoid or get around this territory restriction issue, please let me know.

Well, something I've noticed about the territory restricted videos is they almost always look the same - i.e. album cover on the left, and song title/album title/artist on the right. There are usually alternative versions of most tracks uploaded on YT so it's generally just a case of avoiding the vids that look like this I reckon. As I say though, VPN is normally the answer, so not a biggie!

Nov 30, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #326 of 3,324
Well, something I've noticed about the territory restricted videos is they almost always look the same - i.e. album cover on the left, and song title/album title/artist on the right. There are usually alternative versions of most tracks uploaded on YT so it's generally just a case of avoiding the vids that look like this I reckon. As I say though, VPN is normally the answer, so not a biggie!

That makes sense. If a YT video is listed by multiple parties, I typically post the more "official" version (from the artist YT page).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back