The Eclectic Underground Dumpster
Jul 30, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #1,356 of 3,324

absolutely MASSIVE​

Everything about this film is massive. Still the king of anime. Did you check out Bwana's homage from a while back?

This, on the other hand, is not one of anime's finest moments but damn if it doesn't crack me up every time - like some kind of deranged tongue twister:

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #1,360 of 3,324
Everything about this film is massive. Still the king of anime. Did you check out Bwana's homage from a while back?

This, on the other hand, is not one of anime's finest moments but damn if it doesn't crack me up every time - like some kind of deranged tongue twister:

Thanks for the head's up on Bwana's homepage- good stuff!

Aug 1, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #1,362 of 3,324
Everything about this film is massive. Still the king of anime.

It is huh.. Must say I was never THAT taken by the dozen anime (I call them Manga) I've watched years ago. The good ''credible'' story of Akira made it the most memorable by far. I loved Fist of the North Star and Golden Boy as well. Spirited Away comes to mind. If you have one or two must sees let me know ^^

I am a fan of Celtic Frost.

Serious? Man.. Had no idea there was an actual band behind the promotional music until I found the clip!
From the very first second when the gate opens senses are always activated pupils dilated :eyes: Something unforgettably good about that.

Aug 2, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #1,363 of 3,324
It is huh.. Must say I was never THAT taken by the dozen anime (I call them Manga) I've watched years ago. The good ''credible'' story of Akira made it the most memorable by far. I loved Fist of the North Star and Golden Boy as well. Spirited Away comes to mind. If you have one or two must sees let me know ^^

I'm no otaku so nothing I'd recommend would be very obscure. Akira and Spirited Away are still high water marks for me as well. I wouldn't call these 'must sees' but some other anime I've enjoyed are Perfect Blue, Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, Your Name, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbour Totoro, Ghost in the Shell, Redline, Grave of the Fireflies, Paranoia Agent, Parasyte... all worth a watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back