The Eclectic Underground Dumpster
Apr 17, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #1,219 of 3,343
Apr 17, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #1,220 of 3,343

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #1,223 of 3,343
Apr 17, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #1,224 of 3,343
Same here, still buying CDs nowadays actually...

I used to purchase boatloads of CD's (I would just rip them and put the CD away), and also downloads from online shops such as Boomkat, Bleep and Bandcamp, but since I switched over to Tidal, my buying habits tapered off dramatically. I am also going to try out Qobuz. I may run both streaming services. I do like to financially support artists, so I do have a bit of guilt as the streaming services don't really pay out much. This is the current state of the music. Artists must tour to make a living.

I sometimes debate whether to sell my CD collection. Quite a few of them are worth a lot of money and I don't like the clutter.

Apr 17, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #1,225 of 3,343
I used to purchase boatloads of CD's (I would just rip them and put the CD away), and also downloads from online shops such as Boomkat, Bleep and Bandcamp, but since I switched over to Tidal, my buying habits tapered off dramatically. I am also going to try out Qobuz. I may run both streaming services. I do like to financially support artists, so I do have a bit of guilt as the streaming services don't really pay out much. This is the current state of the music. Artists must tour to make a living.

I sometimes debate whether to sell my CD collection. Quite a few of them are worth a lot of money and I don't like the clutter.
Thanks for telling us about yourself a bit more. As I already thought a few times when I saw what you are posting, we have quite a few things in common. Not only in the music, but also about the media used to listen to it and the way to approach and like sound. I never stop buying CD and Vinyls, because I started more than 30 years ago buying records on these supports. Still, I only buy approx. 10 CDs and the same amount of Vinyls per year now. In the 00's and early 10's it was 10 per months or even more... We also seem to share the same love for Boomkat and Bandcamp. I tried Qobuz back in 2012. Expensive and very focused on classical and female vocalists back then, I don't know how it looks now. I quit the platform in 2013...for Tidal. Right at the beginning and I still have an account today, which I use for the kids and myself in the car or via a BT speaker in the house or in the garden. Having no fancy clothes, expensive watches or rare wine bottles in the cellar, my only pleasures are cars and music :wink: I don't think I could sell my CD and Vinyl collection, even if, like yourself, there are some valuable gems in there, especially rare japanese pressings or small batches of obscure electronics from the 90's. It's a part of me, I guess. Sounds pathetic and silly? Yes, maybe... I still like to put a record "the old school" way and enjoying it, I can't let them go... anyway, back to sharing music, that is something we all are doing well on that very nice thread of yours. Enjoy the week-end all of you guys

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #1,226 of 3,343

Apr 17, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #1,227 of 3,343
Awful track... But I like it anyway omg (0:34 sec)

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #1,228 of 3,343

Apr 18, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #1,229 of 3,343

Users who are viewing this thread

Back