The Eclectic Underground Dumpster
Apr 1, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #1,849 of 3,347
I dig Holy Other and bought all of their CD's back in the day (only 3 of them I think?). There were a few pretty good witch house acts. Holy Other seem to have vanished.

It was just one guy actually - David Ainley. I went to see him play live back in about 2012. He played a gig at XOYO in Old Street, which was where I worked at the time. Seemed to vanish along with the whole witch house sub-genre. Tri Angle were still going up until last year but I've never checked out many of their more recent releases - I imagine they evolved from witch house though, which was pretty short-lived in retrospect. No idea what happened to Holy Other, just one of those flashes in the pan I guess.

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #1,850 of 3,347
No doubt! I remember hearing them for the first time and not paying too much attention and I was thinking, wow, this is a pretty decent Joy Division cover band.

The lead singer also sounds a bit like Andrew Eldritch in the first of the two songs I posted from them.

Yep, I thought the same. In Letter Form have a bit of an Interpol vibe as well :wink: Never heard any of this stuff before though, so kudos for finding it. I guess it's hard for new bands to sound truly original with everything that's gone before them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back