The earth is currently 3c below average temp
Apr 21, 2009 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 113

milkweg

Banned
Look at this url.

Astronomy Picture of the Day

It says currently earth is possibly 4c below average temp compared to last 100 mil years but in the last 100 years it has risen 1c. That means we are still 3c below average. My point is this: what is the big deal about all these concerns over global warming if the fluctuation of 4c is completely natural?

Man is doomed anyway and we will be wiped out by mother nature sooner or later so relax and enjoy the ride.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 113
I wonder how they estimated that we're are experiencing a cold spell when compared to the last 100 million years? I'm pretty sure no humans were around back then to record... What are their methods? Just curious.

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #3 of 113
It probably has something to do with how cool this forum is... xD

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #5 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look at this url.

Astronomy Picture of the Day

It says currently earth is possibly 4c below average temp compared to last 100 mil years but in the last 100 years it has risen 1c. That means we are still 3c below average. My point is this: what is the big deal about all these concerns over global warming if the fluctuation of 4c is completely natural?

Man is doomed anyway and we will be wiped out by mother nature sooner or later so relax and enjoy the ride.
tongue_smile.gif

Cause global warming is a racist coo designed to tax the hell out of already broke and impoverished third world countries (mostly brown skinned) who desperately need infrastructure, power and the like but who will still not be allowed to build anything unless they can purchase carbon emission rights.

Nigeria? The African country? In 24 hours time, the whole of that little dustbowl produces less electricity than the one, somewhat antiquated nuclear power plant in Bay City, Texas does.

Uh, hey Nigeria, need power much?

Well if the current British/US "Greeny" gayness goes the direction it's currently heading ... then Nigeria is just plain fewked unless they're able to cough up the coin (not likely) necessary to purchase carbon emission rights/credits.

Global warming is, frankly, a scam. Cooling and warming cycles are as natural and important to the regular cyclical nature of our planet as are cloud cover or tidal variations.

And as far as Al Gore is concerned, I say make him shut down his heated swimming pool or else feed him to the polar bears.

But there I go making this political ... which in forum-speak ... is a "No No."

So I'll stop.

wink.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #6 of 113
Al Gore needed some publicity.

I don't understand how people assume life will go on, or that we have control over anything that has anything to do with our future as humans. I'm just glad to have a higher faith personally. I'm too much of an idiot to save myself or provide any hope for myself
tongue.gif

The earth is doomed and everyone on it. There is no getting around that. AND we will not move on to another place before that happens. It's just the way it is. AND if not, everyone readin this will die before it gets to that point.

Get my direction? Death is still hovering around 100% - so global warming which has fluctuated before (and that was recorded) is nothing more than the false idea of trying to save ourselves... but if it makes the planet greener and the air a little easier to tolerate, go on with your bad selves. I am all for preserving nature, because it's more beautiful than anything humans can build.

ph34r.gif
- this thread will get ugly I predict....

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #7 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has to do with that previous temperature changes has led to stuff like ice ages and massive droughts, which in turn have led to vast populative fluctuations.

They should have not polluted the environment with their cars back then.... oh wait, no cars or hairspray ... you mean humans weren't the cause? ....
wink.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #8 of 113
Global warminf is a completely natural cycle. Our planet has gone through much more drastic changes, and life persists. Saying that this current warming trend (of 30 years, a geologic wink) is due to human influence is pretentious and false.

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #9 of 113
U guys didnt get the memo?
its a Political Hoax further fed by people like Al Gore.

common man is easiest to fool...u feed him with misinformation, exaggerated facts and he ll buy it...thats why i dont watch News channels on TV.

i stopped believing in Global Warming theories quicker than i did in Santa Claus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Global warminf is a completely natural cycle. Our planet has gone through much more drastic changes, and life persists. Saying that this current warming trend (of 30 years, a geologic wink) is due to human influence is pretentious and false.

yes..wrote an essay on that.

if driving a car causes global warming..then farting also causes global warming.

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #10 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They should have not polluted the environment with their cars back then.... oh wait, no cars or hairspray ... you mean humans weren't the cause? ....
wink.gif

1 centigrade in 100 years and 4 centigrades in some million years is quite a difference.

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #11 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if driving a car causes global warming..then farting also causes global warming.

That's very true. Apparently cow farts are right up there with cars for pollution level output. Methane gas. We should harness methane gas form cows and run our cars on that. Using corn as a fuel source was a dumb idea because it has caused corn prices to rise and many poor people depend on low corn prices for survival. Poor people in Mexico really need low corn prices because that is what their tortillas are made from.

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #13 of 113
And when there are no tortillas, then we are doomed!

IMO with all the technological advancements over the past few years, by the time the global warming stuff becomes a problem, we'll (I'm betting Siemens) have figured out a way to stop/reverse it. So until then, be nice to scientists and chill. (no pun I swear.)

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #14 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The carbon cycle. More specifically it's the short-term organic carbon cycle.
The other cycle will of course then be the long-term in-organic carbon cycle.

Question: To which cycle belong your fart? To which cycle belong petrol?

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #15 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jplaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And when there are no tortillas, then we are doomed!

IMO with all the technological advancements over the past few years, by the time the global warming stuff becomes a problem, we'll (I'm betting Siemens) have figured out a way to stop/reverse it. So until then, be nice to scientists and chill. (no pun I swear.)

Lovely. So you are willing to sacrifice the future of planet earth, so that you can kick back and "chill"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back