The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver hybrid flagship from Fidue
Nov 17, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #616 of 631
Thanks a lot for the review.
I just wonder if you could quickly compare to Sirius and A83, because you mainly compared to IEMs with similar driver config and pricing.

Nov 17, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #617 of 631
Thanks a lot for the review.
I just wonder if you could quickly compare to Sirius and A83, because you mainly compared to IEMs with similar driver config and pricing.

Hello.

Sirius has a more immersive stage with a thick & lush midrange compared to the Virgo. There is better details retrieval on the Sirius.

Virgo is much smoother than the A83 with no grain. There is a more matured presentation. A83 may sound more energetic but finesse on the Virgo is better.

Dec 16, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #619 of 631
Hello,
I own Sirius for almost a year now and would like to share my personal experience. I see there already so many comprehensive review coming from much more capable persons than me, so this opinion is going to be related on sound-wise only. I am no professional nor audiophile, just like to hear good quality of music.

Just to be brief, I would like to compare it with 3 other iems that I own now in similar price point at that time:

1. Shure se846 clear.
With: balanced Litz silver cable, all-Eidolic termination, yellow foam tips and white/grey filter.
  • Se846 has a very slightly deeper/taller sound, Sirius is a touch wider. It's like 'recording studio' vs 'live stage'.
  • Both have great separation and have similar 'warm-rich' character.
  • Se846's sub-bass slams a bit harder, Sirius' bass extends deeper.
  • Se846's vocal is much more lush & forward, Sirius' vocal slightly has more body, but not as forward.
  • Se846's treble roll-off faster, Sirius' decay a bit longer.
  • Both of them are my favorite iems and clearly no winning or losing here, just a matter of different taste.
2. Sennheiser Ie800.
With all-stock.
  • Ie800 has a bit wider and taller sound, but it not night and day different.
  • Ie800 has more air between instrument. Again, by a small margin.
  • Ie800 bass share a similar quality with Sirius', but the later's sub-bass slams harder.
  • Ie800's vocal is less forward than Sirius's, infact it is no match to Sirius' nor Se846's solid upfront vocal.
  • Ie800 treble is much louder & tinny, the upper mid is harsh and sibilant-prone compare to Sirius.
  • Ie800 is 'U' shape, Sirius is way more flatter.
  • If I have to choose one, I will go with the Sirius. Yet the Ie800 is still my to-go iem without needing dac/amp for the 'wow factor'.
3. Noble PR.
With silver Pcocc cable, single-ended.
  • Basically PR ('R' mode) shares very similar emphasis on upper mid & treble with that on Ie800 (not a big fan of 'P' mode).
  • PR's vocal is more forward.
  • PR is noticably more 'crystal' signature but it costs more sibilant prone in some track.
  • PR has lesser/tighter bass and sub-bass than all of my iems, so my taste goes to the Sirius.
  • Interestingly, PR is also slightly lesser width/depth to my ears.
  • PR is great for my critical listening, while Sirius is perfect for enjoying music.
After switching around on several sources, I came up to the conclusion that DX90J + Mojo as my preferred combo. Or Sony PCM D100 as a direct source.

I feel this Sirius will stay with me for a long time and very happy for it. For the price to performance, especially at today's price is totally a steal. I hope this personal comparation will do any good and really sorry for my english.

Cheers,

Dec 16, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #620 of 631
Great job Aliando.
I do share your impressions versus SE846 and IE800.
That being said, I still think that Sirius treble decay is just one tad too fast for cymbals to sound perfectly natural, although it would also depend on the source being used (sounds just right with AK380 / LG V10, and a bit too fast with Opus #1).

This is obvious when listening to AK8iE for example, which have more relaxed treble, although slightly less extended.
For for sure, it is still more natural treble than SE846 and IE800, as you mentioned.

I paid full price for my Sirius (although they were cheaper in Singapore than in Europe), but this is the one pair of IEMs I am not willing to sell (along with my Rose Cappuccino MK2 to be honest).

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #621 of 631
Hi Tienbasse, yes that tail from cymbals could stay a touch longer, also the vocal need to be forward a little bit. Then we got ourselves a perfect iem with an affordable price.

Wow I must try ak380 with this baby when I got the chance.

Have you compare the Sirius with Andromeda? I heard a lot of common for both of then which is surprising me.

Cheers

Dec 18, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #622 of 631
Have you compare the Sirius with Andromeda? I heard a lot of common for both of then which is surprising me.

Cheers
Andromeda less-than-ideal ergonomy just kills it for me, although the sound was indeed very pleasant.
Sirius does fit my concha so perfectly that I can wear them for hours without any discomfort.

Oct 28, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #623 of 631
Already wrote this in the Campfire Solaris thread: I had my Sirius with me on the Tokyo headphone show and compared it to the Solaris.
And was surprised there are quite a bit of similarties between the signatures of the two, especially in terms of thickness of the tone, space and treble presentation (though mids sounded slightly more pronounced and more naturally integrated with the Solaris).
I feel there are (and will be) always trends with signatures. When the Sirius came out, some wrote it’s slightly oddly tuned, but now it feels like almost it was ahead of it’s time - also in terms of built (more and more makers follow the trend of metal housings). Still a keeper for me and imo highly underrated! And the best: I got it for less than 500 Euros! ☺️

By the way, had a chat with the guy from the Fidue booth and he told me it has become a bit quiet arround Fidue because apearently there were some changes in management etc. But he said this has been solved now and there will be new Fidue stuff coming out!

Another great thing: He provided me with a Sirius cable with the original screw caps that seems almost impossible to find outside of China!

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #625 of 631
Oct 28, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #627 of 631
I also sold mine. Miss them a lot but fit was a real issue. Soundwise one of the best I've ever tried.
Anyone here tried Virgo?

Yes, I tried it, but to my ears it did not even come close to Sirius‘ sound quality and great tuning. Also, I did not like the cable. Just fit was in fact better than with Sirius. My ears got used to Sirius after a while though...I can wear them for hours now...

Feb 29, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #628 of 631
Feb 29, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #630 of 631
I think Fidue Sirius sound signature still holds its own even today. With better fit and improved technicalities, Sirius Mk2 could be a real winner. Also the price now is almost a bargain relative to the market when the original was released lol.
Agreed. The Sirius is still relevant today. I am interested in the Sirius MKII too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back