The Ear Pads Thread (post questions or say what ear pads worked for you)
Sep 9, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #496 of 803
  At one point, there were black HM5 pads that were not as thick. I've purchased two sets (at the same link you posted) in the past few months and both have been thick.

They are super comfortable.

That said, do you want pleather or velour for the 770s? All but the 32 Ohm 770s come with velour, not pleather. Pleather will give you a little better isolation, more bass, and potentially cloudy bleed into the mids. Velour will change the sound minimally from stock. They also have Hybrids that are pleather outside, perforated pleather inside, and velour where it touches you. It's basically halfway between the two in sound changes as well.

I have all of the variants of the HM5 pads except the angled velour. All (but the angled pads) are +/- 1-2mm in all measurements.

What are you using the angled pleathers on and would you recommend them? I'm planning to get a pair for my Soundmagic hp150's.

Oct 1, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #498 of 803
I was wondering if these were worth trying...

"King Size DIY Bass Plus Ear Pads Cushion For Grado SR RS PS MS Series Headphone"
http://ebay.to/1L7lnb6

They look like HUGE on-ear donuts. Might stick with my Ear Zonk G bowls...

-G

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #499 of 803
Audio Technica AD900 with Brainwavez HM5 Hybrid Pads Black PU/Velour: They fit after 20 minutes of struggle to get them one, but so far feel wonderful.

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #502 of 803
Those look like Sony MDR-XB700 pads.

Very comfortable on my Fostex T30.

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #503 of 803
Recently got some Mad Dogs with the alpha pads

Very comfortable but holy crap maybe I have massive ears- I can't have my ears "floating" in there, there's always the top or bottom part of the pad touching my ears :0
Anyone know comfy MASSIVE pads for Mad Dogs and dudes with massive ears?

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #504 of 803

Very comfortable but holy crap maybe I have massive ears- I can't have my ears "floating" in there, there's always the top or bottom part of the pad touching my ears :0

Maybe brainwavz tilted pads ?

http://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Angled-Memory-Foam-Earpad/dp/B00ZY8PGJI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449769670&sr=8-1&keywords=brainwavz+pads

I know the pads will fit but I think its a little challenge at first to get them on. 

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #506 of 803
Confession:

I almost wish the HD800 earpads weren't so immaculately comfortable so I'd have some reason to upgrade/mod them.

Talk about First-World problems :b

You think the hd800 pads are comfortable? I've tried worn in and brand new and they are just too thin. For me the design of the HD800 is comfortable but not the pads. I'm currently in the works to get a custom par made for the hd800s.

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #507 of 803
You think the hd800 pads are comfortable? I've tried worn in and brand new and they are just too thin. For me the design of the HD800 is comfortable but not the pads. I'm currently in the works to get a custom par made for the hd800s.
I often forget I'm wearing them and keep them on when there's no sound to be played.

Different head/ear sizes/shapes, I suppose. Have fun tweaking! I'm perversely jealous xD

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #508 of 803
I often forget I'm wearing them and keep them on when there's no sound to be played.

Different head/ear sizes/shapes, I suppose. Have fun tweaking! I'm perversely jealous xD

I really enjoyed the pads on the HE-1000. I'm trying to mimic that for the hd800s. 

Dec 11, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #509 of 803

http://www.zmfheadphones.com/order-the-zmf/zmf-pads-pre-order-discount

not sure if these might work....u might want to email the store.

i know the alphapads are kinda small in its internal opening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back