The Ear Pads Thread (post questions or say what ear pads worked for you)
Jul 5, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #466 of 803
Ok thanks for the response, do you know of any that do?

Check this out - 
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Earpads-Pads-Cushions-for-Sennheiser-Momentum-over-Ear-Headphones-/161733174751?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&var=&hash=item6b4473c71d

By the looks, they're a tad smaller than stock 
blink.gif
 but they're made to fit.

Jul 9, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #468 of 803
This is a long shot, but wondering if anyone knows of a good set of pads that could work for the Meze 88 cans. I recently dug mine out of storage to replace the drivers, and noticed that one of the pads is basically falling apart. Wanted to replace the stock pads with a set that would accentuate the lower frequencies and tame the higher frequencies. Bass is way too thin, and highs too bright after the driver replacement. 

@Punnisher made some good suggestions which I'm going to implement. Just curious if anyone on here has personally had experience with aftermarket pads for the Meze 88's. 

Jul 10, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #469 of 803
  This is a long shot, but wondering if anyone knows of a good set of pads that could work for the Meze 88 cans. I recently dug mine out of storage to replace the drivers, and noticed that one of the pads is basically falling apart. Wanted to replace the stock pads with a set that would accentuate the lower frequencies and tame the higher frequencies. Bass is way too thin, and highs too bright after the driver replacement. 

@Punnisher made some good suggestions which I'm going to implement. Just curious if anyone on here has personally had experience with aftermarket pads for the Meze 88's. 

The stock pads look terrible on the 88.

They remind me alot of the Audio Technica es9's.

Those pads might fit

Jul 17, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #470 of 803
Beyerdynamic DT770/880/990 and several BD pads (official and generic ones sold in ebay/Ali) all fit perfectly on Philips SHL3300, whose stock pads are on-the-ear and very unconfortable.

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #472 of 803
Are the HM5 earpads different from the NVX earpads?

I owned a pair of NVX earpads and I found them too squishy, which created a suction/plunger type effect on my head. I was wondering if the hm5s have the same problem.

Jul 26, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #473 of 803
  Are the HM5 earpads different from the NVX earpads?

I owned a pair of NVX earpads and I found them too squishy, which created a suction/plunger type effect on my head. I was wondering if the hm5s have the same problem.

It's not the ear pads that make it a "plunger", it's the open-ness or closed-ness (?) of your headphones. If your ears feel like they're being plunged, they're doing a damn good job. Pleather pads are meant to seal well against your head and keep any sound waves from getting out. If you are wanting something unlike that, you should look at the HM5 VELOUR pads, which are meant to have air pass through them and not make a complete seal.

Jul 26, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #474 of 803
Hi,
     Does anyone know if there are replacement magnetic ear pads for the B&W P7.They sound amazing but I find the ear pads a bit too firm. I would love to buy some nice thick soft memory foam ear pads if there is anyone selling them.This would be the icing on the cake for me.

Martin,

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #475 of 803
Kingston HyperX Cloud/Takstar HI 2050/Technical Pro HPT990 velour ear pads, despite being oval shape, will fit Beyerdynamic DT series just fine with a bit of stretching. They affect the sound to some degrees though, this is what I conclude after trying them on my DT880: soundstage is noticeably smaller, all ranges are more pronounced, bass gets very tight, and at times even sounds metallic. Treble is now on a Grado level, which is well extended but might be too much with bad mastered records.

Also, a personal advice for Grado owners: Never ever buy the Ear Zonk leatherette ear pads. They transform my Grado SR325is into a Beats: muddy mid and treble, way boosted and loose bass.
frown.gif

Aug 3, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #477 of 803
Any ideas for decent alternatives for the ATH-A900 ear pads? Mine have torn crazily. From searching other posts around this forum it seems W5000 fits (but its like $100) and A1000. I have read a couple people mention hifiman do they make earpads that fit this model? if so is there a specific model number of ear pad i should look for or will all hifiman branded ones fit?

Aug 4, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #478 of 803
I've read just yesterday that someone tried the HM5 pads on the X2 and they apparently fit and they are a bit deeper it seems.
There is also an angled version of the HM5 pads which don't make much sense on the X2 though.

Sound is very similar, the guy liked the original pads a little bit better though soundwise it seems.

Aug 6, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #479 of 803
I got a unique project going. This is my VOIP headset with custom ad700 drivers. I'm trying to find a pair of pads for them. I have Grado S60 pads right now because i knew they'd fit. Any thoughts of another pad that might fit ?

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #480 of 803
I want to confirm that I was able to get the standard Hifiman velour pads onto my audio technica ath-ad500x. It was a little bit of a struggle to get them on, but now that I'm done they fit nicely.

This implies that any hifiman pad should work for the whole AD series

Users who are viewing this thread

Back