The Ear Pads Thread (post questions or say what ear pads worked for you)
Aug 1, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #301 of 803
Really? There's no noticeable difference in sound between velours and pleathers? Thanks for the tip, I saw someone selling their HM5 pads and hot glue gun kit for "T50 pad mod" and figured it would be more involved than just stretching them out.

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #302 of 803
Really? There's no noticeable difference in sound between velours and pleathers? Thanks for the tip, I saw someone selling their HM5 pads and hot glue gun kit for "T50 pad mod" and figured it would be more involved than just stretching them out.

That my opinion keep in mind
As I have read others do hear a difference
Also I did ruin one of the hm5 pads putting it on
And I didn't do a lot of critical listening
As I found them uncomfortably sweaty to wear
Just my opinion...

Also I'd look for some good double stick tape
Before hot glueing

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #303 of 803
The Mayflower version 3 of the T50RP's uses the original HM5 pads and they don't stretch them over the cup. If you look closely at the pictures of them they have the HM5 pad attached to the baffle face. I can assure you the New HM5 pads will not fit the T50RP's without a great chance of destroying the back.

I'd like to try the 940 Velours as well but I think it might alter the sound too much...

Aug 3, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #305 of 803
Anybody have any suggestions for the HE-300's? I'm considering the Focuspads or Focuspads-A.

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #306 of 803
Do someone know where can I find Sony MDR SA-5000 and Stax  O2 earpads ? 
beerchug.gif

Aug 5, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #307 of 803
The Mayflower version 3 of the T50RP's uses the original HM5 pads and they don't stretch them over the cup. If you look closely at the pictures of them they have the HM5 pad attached to the baffle face. I can assure you the New HM5 pads will not fit the T50RP's without a great chance of destroying the back.

I'd like to try the 940 Velours as well but I think it might alter the sound too much...

yeah totally ruined a set of HM5's
saving for a set of alpha pads
gonna be a month or so since i smashed my
phone on the kitchen floor...ceramic tile

still don't mind the velours
i am using the bass boost on the e12

Aug 5, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #308 of 803
yeah totally ruined a set of HM5's
saving for a set of alpha pads
gonna be a month or so since i smashed my
phone on the kitchen floor...ceramic tile

still don't mind the velours
i am using the bass boost on the e12
Too bad about the destruction, but the Alpha's are supposed to be the best, post a pic or two when you get them so we can all drool... :D

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #310 of 803
Aug 7, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #311 of 803
Ear pads made by Silk good? As a candidate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk

SILK BENEFITS

http://www.senature.com/sensemagazine/science/silk-benefits-1048.html

• 100% Natural. Silk is a nature-based fabric that’s inherently soft and light, helping you breathe better at night.
  • Allergy Shield. Due to its protein structure silk is a uniquely hypo-allergenic material. It effectively decreases problems caused by airborne or mite-related allergens and bacteria. The result is a clean and healthy sleeping environment.
  • Luxury with substance. Silk provides real luxury that does not go away (remember those high-end chocolates?) and instead continues to provide value with its smoothness and pleasurable skin sensations.
  • A healthy cocoon. The extremely fine and lustrous long fibres (seriously, each thread of raw silk ranges from 300 to about 900 meters) help regulate and stabilise body temperature. When overheating and sweating are reduced to a minimum, this results in a healthier and more rested deep sleep.
  • Makes the skin happy.  Naturally-forming moisture is absorbed without the material feeling damp during the night. Amino acids in silk act as counter-agents to delay wrinkling in the skin as well as being good for the hair.

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #312 of 803
Silk can get very slimy when it gets sweat on it...

Aug 8, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #314 of 803
Aug 8, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #315 of 803

If you end up getting very little bass out of them with SRH940 pads, reconfigure your headphone for loads of bass, I forgot which mod(s) do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back