The E3 thread!
Jun 3, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #31 of 53
I don´t know what to make of the "new" ubisoft roundups... They went from doing everything right to be lost in all these big open worlds. They ruined the Far Cry, Prince of Persia and if Assassins Creed was a sequel that too by repetition or other design flaws. But I mean they have a lot of skilled people over there which hopefully learn by their misstakes. So I don´t have to high hopes for the AC 2, SC:C but hope I get positively surprised.

What I look forward the most hasn´t changed.
Mafia 2, Mafia 2, Mafia 2
Uncharted 2
Forza 3
Need 4 speed: shift (racing nut and it´s supposed to be like a sim compared to the console racers anyway. Well except Forza)
Alien vs predator
alien colonel marines
God of War 3. The boss battles looked well interesting
wink.gif
haven´t played any god of war earlier so hopefully will feel as fresh as MGS 4.
Alan Wake is vaporware so don´t hope for that one. New DNF.
Heavy rain
Brutal Legend
Beyond Good and evil 2

As for the motion controllers to bad they seldom work as good as they make it look on screen. Wonder how they are going to solve the button problem if it´s going to be for more then casual wii sports like games. I doubt you would want to run around in real time. Maybe 360 have the edge here if they don´t need those orbs
smily_headphones1.gif

Nintendos motionplus wii remote may look worse on a first look but I do think they are still in the driving spot in term of motion controls when the dust settles. Yet to see their press conference. Red Steel was really really not good but looked great on the screens as well. However launch title and new controls so no reason the sequel shouldn´t be a lot better
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #32 of 53
The new Metriod game from Team Ninja almost makes me want to pick up a Wii..

Metroid: M

Jun 3, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #34 of 53
i'm suprised the new slim PS3 wasn't dropped, but from the standpoint of existing product in the channel needing to be sold first, I can understand - not kicking the PSP-3000 to the surb means a PSP-GO launch is easy. I am interested in the PSP-GO, sad it's not an evolution or something that will offer new features over the previous PSP (I've had each model, and the PSP-3000 is perfect imo) still, i'll end up picking one up to check it out.. damn I wish sony would come out with it and offer lossless support.

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #35 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All the good PS3 exclusives almost make me want to pick up a PS3
frown.gif

There is one big exclusive that I have been waiting for on the PS3...Forgot to add on my list...

The sequel to Shadow of the Colossus, "The Last Guardian"

The game is going to be truly amazing. It was the main reason why I didn't sell my PS3.

Jun 3, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #37 of 53
L4D 2 looks quite interesting, particularly the inclusion of melee fighting. Chainsaw massacre!!

I really need to use the PS3 we have, i don't know any of the titles you guys are talking about because i don't follow their line-ups. The best game is Resistance 2 that I've played. Maybe i should give it a go seeing as you guys are talking all these exclusives up a tad.

P.S While i'm here, please change your signature fraseyboy, that GoVibe V6 isn't yours anymore
icon10.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #39 of 53
I'm excited about MW2, AC2, NFS: Nitro....
I'm thinking of selling the PS3 and buying a 360. Mostly because you can hack the 360 and download games. It's hard for a teenager to keep up with a monthly 50$ price for an average game.

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #40 of 53
Nice, saw trailers of games on gamespot.com. I saw they didn't mention the Zune HD (appeared in Gizmodo), what a shame...

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #41 of 53
uh Splinter Cell Conviction is not Splinter Cell anymore. They are making Gears of War out of it. Ubisoft raping just another series. Seem to be the Rainbow 6 lockdown for Splinter Cell. Maybe Double agent was the same didn´t play that though but automated combat and faster movement and objectives lit up on buildings and all. If I want to play an action title I play Uncharted 2 or Gears of War 2 or something.

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #42 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why 2004?

just a guess.
UT2k4 was probably 2004.
That was the last game I really enjoyed.
Although, I will say I intend to make a purchase of Ushiro.

Jun 4, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #44 of 53
As usual there is only one thing I look for and this year its kind of interesting because things are being mixed up a bit.

Castlevania by Team Kojima this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back