The E3 thread!
Jun 2, 2009 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

fraseyboy

Headphoneus Supremus
I can't believe there hasn't been one yet.

Anyway, I'm toally pumped about E3. Annoying that its at a different time this year, so I miss seeing it live due to school, but still. So many good games coming out!

Anyone else excited?

Jun 2, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #2 of 53
You do know that E3 has pretty much already started, right?
wink.gif

My thoughts about it so far:
  1. Splinter Cell: Conviction is back, and it has more kickass potential then ever!
  2. The new Microsoft way of using your entire body as the controller is both innovative, and a double-edged sword, judging by the Wiimote's history.
  3. L4D2 better be a DLC for PC users, or else those furious boycotters (myself included) will reach a fury meter of...OVER 9000!!!!
  4. Assassin's Creed 2 is going to be bigger and better than the first in every way possible (this dude can actually swim instead of drown); this game and SC:C are pretty much the top two games I cannot wait for to be released.
  5. I'm sure I forgot other stuff, but off the top of my head, those are the highlights that I remember.
Places to get quickly updated info on E3 include:
  1. IGN
  2. GameSpot:Video Games PC PlayStation 2 Xbox 360 Wii PS3 GameCube PSP DS GBA PS2 PlayStation 3
  3. Engadget
Cheers!
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #3 of 53
Yes, I do.

I'm still excited for all the stuff which is still coming up, especially that Nintendo press conference
biggrin.gif

It annoys me that Splinter Cell Conviction is looking to be a 360 exclusive. Way to abandon the PC gamers!

The Sabotuer looks awesome too. Grand Theft Auto in a WW2 Nazi Paris Setting, with more stealth and more style. Wow.

Jun 2, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #4 of 53
I'm really looking forward to:

- Splinter Cell: Conviction (One of my biggest favorite franchises)
- NFS shift
- Mafia 2
- Halo ODST
- Halo: Reach
- L4D 2
- Modern Warfare 2
- Mass Effect 2
- NHL 10
- The Last Guardian (My #1 PS3 anticipated title)

I feel really bad for the PS3...They just do not have the huge number of exclusives like they had before on the PS2...

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #5 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really looking forward to:

- Splinter Cell: Conviction (One of my biggest favorite franchises)
- NFS shift
- Mafia 2
- Halo ODST
- Halo: Reach
- L4D 2
- Modern Warfare 2
- Mass Effect 2
- NHL 10
- FNR 4

I feel really bad for the PS3...They just do not have the huge number of exclusives like they had before on the PS2...

Don't get me started on Halo... my friend turned me off of that game loooong ago. I'm very excited, however, for COD6. If the maps are similar to CoDWaW in scale, I'd be thrilled, love the larger aspect.

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #6 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It annoys me that Splinter Cell Conviction is looking to be a 360 exclusive. Way to abandon the PC gamers!

Dude, are you still smoking that marijuana?
tongue.gif

SC:C is coming out for both 360 and PC. PS3 s the only strong platform that got shafted from the opportunity.

And on-topic of Sony, the PSP Go, if you've seen how it's held, is already a dismal failure IMO. I honestly have yet to hear one good comment about it.

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #7 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't get me started on Halo... my friend turned me off of that game loooong ago. I'm very excited, however, for COD6. If the maps are similar to CoDWaW in scale, I'd be thrilled, love the larger aspect.

Don't forget, the CoD moniker is totally dropped now, as far as Infinity Ward is concerned. It's only called MW2 now.
wink.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #8 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't forget, the CoD moniker is totally dropped now, as far as Infinity Ward is concerned. It's only called MW2 now.
wink.gif

I need to shift from Head-fi to Games Radar, apparently.
tongue.gif

and how the hell am I s'posed to pronounce MW2???

EDIT: duh, mew2. Now i feel dumb.

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #9 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, are you still smoking that marijuana?
tongue.gif

SC:C is coming out for both 360 and PC. PS3 s the only strong platform that got shafted from the opportunity.

And on-topic of Sony, the PSP Go, if you've seen how it's held, is already a dismal failure IMO. I honestly have yet to hear one good comment about it.

Wait, what? At the Microsoft conference they said it was 360 exclusive...

Oh well. This is still good news. Damn, I'm gonna have to get a job to buy all these games that are coming out
frown.gif

Red Steel 2 looks cool too.

Can't stand Halo. I thought it was supposed to be a trilogy!

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #10 of 53
Quote:

Can't stand Halo. I thought it was supposed to be a trilogy!

I'm assuming a bit of tounge-n-cheek due to it being obvious that MS couldn't stop producing the singular reason the Xbox is a successful platform (historically) - it's a pretty massive cash machine for Bungie, and MS.

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #11 of 53
Wow, I just saw the AC2 trailer. Even though it was like the SC:C trailer (rendered), it was freakin' awesome.
ph34r.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #12 of 53
I KNOW! I'm pumped. Frickin pumped. This time I might even buy it!

I'm already planning a LAN party for Modern Warfare 2. Gonna go down to to the shop at midnight (hope it opens) and pick it up, then play it for the rest of the night.

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #14 of 53
I’m really looking forward to Starcraft2 and Diablo3, I love the story of starcraft. BTW Barbarian is my favorite char in Diablo.

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #15 of 53
Quote:

I KNOW! I'm pumped. Frickin pumped. This time I might even buy it!

I'm already planning a LAN party for Modern Warfare 2. Gonna go down to to the shop at midnight (hope it opens) and pick it up, then play it for the rest of the night.

You pc gamers, wayyyy too hardcore for me.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back