The Dynahi Construction Related Questions Thread
Sep 2, 2004 at 10:18 PM Post #46 of 630
Thats just the power supply. The amp is in another box.

Many parts have not come in yet. Especially the amphenol umbilical
connectors and the techflex. WBT chassis mount connectors not
here yet either.

Wait till you see the blue laser diode that will be used to light the
glass power button. Very retro.

Sep 2, 2004 at 10:59 PM Post #47 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin gilmore
Wait till you see the blue laser diode that will be used to light the
glass power button. Very retro.

I didn't know blue laser diodes were available, especially usable ones. How did you get your hands on one?!

Sep 4, 2004 at 9:56 PM Post #48 of 630
01_s.JPG

02_s.JPG

03_s.JPG

04_s.JPG

05_s.JPG

06_s.JPG

07_s.JPG

08_s.JPG

09_s.JPG

Sep 4, 2004 at 11:17 PM Post #49 of 630
Is that reddish rectangular cap a Wima MKP10? I was thinking about replacing the ones I have on the board now with one of those just for the sake of emptying my wallet a bit more.

Sep 7, 2004 at 6:35 AM Post #51 of 630
Hi! Kevin,

I can't decide which version is "better" for dynomite(or dynamite; dynamight
confused.gif
)

1)similar to Headwize project
2)four all the same amp ckt. (I've XLR source)

Can you give me any suggesion?

Thanks in advance.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 8, 2004 at 6:02 AM Post #54 of 630
Not the best photo, being on the bench, but now that I finally got the transformer this project is coming together nicely...

dynahi_build_20040908.jpg

On the top is the unregulated stage of the power supply (the part outside the box in my schematic), fits perfectly on a RadioShack 4-1/2 x 6" perfboard. The bottom shows the breadboarded positive leg of the GDJ reg, this hasn't been plugged in yet, just showing it for a sense of size. Will test as time permits.

Sep 8, 2004 at 7:03 PM Post #56 of 630
Man those brackets are so big, they *are* heatsinks themselves
biggrin.gif

Mine are in transit, Condors and some parts have arrived from Mouser and Digikey already. Haven't started though, most likely this coming weekend.

Kevin btw, you know I got charged taxes for the condor supplies from AlliedElec, even though I ordered them online. Is this normal? I have called them and it seems they have to charge taxes unless I'm going to resell them charging taxes myself. In any case, this is the first time I purchase anything online and I get charged taxes for it.

Sep 8, 2004 at 7:10 PM Post #58 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by gastro54
That's strange about the taxes... You would only be charged if the seller is in the same state as you. (I don't even think FL has retail taxes)

Btw the package wasn't even shipped from FL, came from TX.

Sep 8, 2004 at 7:55 PM Post #59 of 630
If Allied has any operations in your state (which I am sure they do, sales office, etc.) you have to pay taxes. I believe that is the general rule, but am sure I will be corrected if it is not
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back