The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Apr 22, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #451 of 3,155
How to get the 1st time discount
confused.gif
 ty

http://gmember.gmarket.co.kr/customerCenter/FaqList?searchKind=E2&searchSubKind=&view_no=6401 this is better.

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #453 of 3,155
I'm still waiting for real review.
DX90 vs AK 120 and HM-901

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #455 of 3,155
Just got mine. The same build as the DX50, but much tighter jacks so far. Feels a bit more "apt" and responsive. 
Haven't listened so far, need some food first and ever the decision - which record to listen to first?

One thing though, what is the extra cable that ends in some sort of square thingie and how do one use it?

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #457 of 3,155
  Just got mine. The same build as the DX50, but much tighter jacks so far. Feels a bit more "apt" and responsive. 
Haven't listened so far, need some food first and ever the decision - which record to listen to first?

One thing though, what is the extra cable that ends in some sort of square thingie and how do one use it?

It is a burn in cable that allow you to run your DX90 with this cable plugged in instead of headphones while breaking it in. It is a nice accessory...at least for those who believe in burn in. You can turn the volume all of the way up while burning in with this cable and not have to worry about damaging your headphones.

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #459 of 3,155

It is a burn in cable that allow you to run your DX90 with this cable plugged in instead of headphones while breaking it in. It is a nice accessory...at least for those who believe in burn in. You can turn the volume all of the way up while burning in with this cable and not have to worry about damaging your headphones.

iBasso says the volume doesn't matter while burning in DX90. Maybe for a headphone the volume matters

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #462 of 3,155
I'm listening at some classical albums I have (Masters of Classical Music Vol 3). In one particular track "Violin Romance No.2" I can hear the guy take a deep breath during several pauses while playing the violin. I have never heard that before lol. Amazing detail resolution.

I quickly went back to listen at the same track on DX50. It's not noticeable unless I concentrate, anticipate and pay attention to it but it sounded very faint and can easily fade in the flow of the music.

DX90 is a detail monster.

EDIT: I'm using T1 plugged in directly to DX90.

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #463 of 3,155
  I'm listening at some classical albums I have (Masters of Classical Music Vol 3). In one particular track "Violin Romance No.2" I can hear the guy take a deep breath during several pauses while playing the violin. I have never heard that before lol. Amazing detail resolution.

I quickly went back to listen at the same track on DX50. It's not noticeable unless I concentrate, anticipate and pay attention to it but it sounded very faint and can easily fade in the flow of the music.

DX90 is a detail monster.

EDIT: I'm using T1 plugged in directly to DX90.

You're talking Beyerdynamic T1?  I never thought to try it with the DX90!  I'll give it a try when I get the chance.

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #464 of 3,155

You're talking Beyerdynamic T1?  I never thought to try it with the DX90!  I'll give it a try when I get the chance.

That's correct, please feel free to post your impressions. So far I can't find a track which sounded distorted/clipped on T1. The volume may be limited on a few tracks but it's more than enough for some serious listen.

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #465 of 3,155

Well I am glad you guys let me know about that company. Never heard of them before. They have quite a number of deals with the brainwaz earbuds thrown in, or for dirt cheap. I take it that MP4Nation must be the people behind the Brainwaz products?

Did you order from mp4 nation?   When you ordered, did you see Pre-order anywhere?   Coz when i ordered, I didnt see any 'Pre-order' on the title and product description.  And after the 'processing' period, it's now saying preorder! wth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back