The DIR800C is selling in US, right now!
Mar 30, 2004 at 2:45 AM Post #16 of 57
Guess I'm the crash test dummy for Datavision on this forum
wink.gif

Anyway, 34 hours after I placed my order on their site this is my current order status when I log on:

"The current status of your order is: Order is in process

Please allow 24-48 hours for Verification, Approval and Processing of your order."

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but the writing may be already on the wall according to what Eric F has found out about this place.
eek.gif

Anybody actually visited the B&M store? How was your shopping experience?

Mar 30, 2004 at 5:28 PM Post #17 of 57
Well I asked the salesman, he said they didn't have it yet their waiting for it to arrive. I am going to give them a week and if it doesn't arrive I'm going flip a bxxxh and go through audiocubes.com.

Mar 30, 2004 at 6:15 PM Post #18 of 57
Quote:

Well I asked the salesman, he said they didn't have it yet their waiting for it to arrive. I am going to give them a week and if it doesn't arrive I'm going flip a bxxxh and go through audiocubes.com.

Well, I would certainly like to buy them through Audio Cubes even though the price is higher--they give better service and it gives me a chance to support this forum by buying from a company that is a sponsor. My only concern is the voltage difference. How big of a hassle is it to use a voltage converter with them?

Mar 30, 2004 at 8:00 PM Post #19 of 57
I believe they will give it to you free.

At least they did for me.

See their specials.

Mar 30, 2004 at 9:59 PM Post #22 of 57

Quote:

Originally posted by sfxjames
Hey, Venne, how is your DIR800C set-up coming along, any complaints at all?

What movies have you seen so far with it?

I honestly haven't watched many movies. I have a couple demo discs around from when I used to work for an audio dealer that I have checked out. It is pretty amazing to listen to the difference that DH makes. Everything collapses when it is turned off. Even the channel tests make me smile.
eek.gif

I have mostly played games and listened to music and have no complaints for the performance. The only gripes I have pretty nitpicky. The battery cover is kind of a pain to side to the side. When I tried using my E5s in the headphone jack, I heard high frequency noise when DH processing was engaged. I suppose this might not be noticeable with less sensitive headphones.

I am hoping that Audiocubes starts to offer headphones from the Audio Technica DH setup so I can see if they improve on the Pioneer offering. I have contacted them about it and they said they were going to look into availability.

ATH-DCL3000_02.jpg

Mar 31, 2004 at 1:39 AM Post #23 of 57
Not sure why you guys want to purchase from Japan when you can get it from the US within two months?

Remember, if you purchase it through AudioCubes, if you have a problem you have to ship it back to them, and then they ship back to Japan.

Mar 31, 2004 at 1:59 AM Post #24 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by Eric F
Not sure why you guys want to purchase from Japan when you can get it from the US within two months?

Remember, if you purchase it through AudioCubes, if you have a problem you have to ship it back to them, and then they ship back to Japan.

Eric, your words are the words of a sane man.
biggrin.gif

Call me impatient because this damn forum just brings out the upgradeitis in me and I'm overly anxious to get my hands and ears on a pair of these dang things!

But you're right. I've got plenty of SACDs and DVD-As to listen to and plenty of DVDs to watch using regular speakers. I'll force myself to be patient and wait until Datavision or somebody in the U.S. gets them in stock. Two months isn't that long, is it?

(But DAMN, I WANT them NOW!
600smile.gif
)

Mar 31, 2004 at 2:12 AM Post #25 of 57
I wanted them now 3 mos ago, but I've been waiting patiently. I know if I had a problem through AudioCubes I'd probably be headphone-less for at least a month, if not longer.

I desperately needed something like this for years. Pioneer is mining a huge untapped market here: Apt. dwellers who have a desire for surround sound.

I dislike my Pioneer VSX-D912 receiver's surround mode intensely. I'd also be glad to be rid of wires, so I can comfortably lie down on the couch.

Mar 31, 2004 at 3:32 PM Post #26 of 57
Looks like once you make your order they put you on a waiting list. So I'm not sure how long this is going to take, but I'll give it a week and if still no show, I might end up canceling

Mar 31, 2004 at 10:37 PM Post #28 of 57
Updating my status with Datavision...

Today I checked and received this message:

"The current status of your order is: Item Number 012562691169 in 5-7 business days."

That's the correct item number according to their Web site. Is there a light at the end of this tunnel coming my way?
tongue.gif
Stay tuned...

An Update to my update...

I received the following e-mail today.

"Dear (My Name)

Due to great demand and low availability for the product you ordered we will be able to ship your
Item Number 012562691169 in 5-7 business days.
Once your product leaves our warehouse, shipping and tracking information will be emailed to you. Please note that back ordered items are not charged to your credit card account until they are shipped.
We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may have caused you. Our goal is to provide the best service to you. If you need to contact us, you may call our customer service department at 1-888-888-2087."

Maybe their customer service isn't that bad after all. But if they string me along after the 7 business days, I'll probably be whistling a different tune.
mad.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 11:55 PM Post #29 of 57
Just a quick question for you people.

Are Datavision authorised Pioneer retailers? The reason I ask is that I went to Pioneerelectronics.com and did a dealer search using the zip code of datavision (10016). I tried various items and they do not come up as authorised retailers although they may be.

I looked at Datavis.com's website and it is not the clearest when it comes to warranties although it does say that it is Sony Authorised. I phoned them up today and inquired as to whether they are authorised Pioneer dealers. A manager said Yes but when I asked them why are they not listed on Pioneer Electronics website they did not have an answer. One statement was "Well then buy from Pioneer" when I pointed out that Pioneer will not honour warranties from unauthorised retailers.

I was then told to speak to "Albert" in the morning.

Looking at datavision's web site - and assuming they are not Pioneer authorised one has apparently a 14 day return policy which also includes the warranty of 14 days.

I would suggest that anyone seriously considering purchasing from them should first contact Pioneer Electronics and ascertain if they are indeed authorised. If they are then fine. If not, and a warranty is important to you then think hard about it
smily_headphones1.gif

Peter

Apr 1, 2004 at 3:48 AM Post #30 of 57
Well, from what Eric and you, Peter, have found out about Datavision, they sound like a rather shady outfit. I'm keeping my order open as a sort of barometer for letting me know how close the DIR800C is to being released in this country. As for the Pioneer warranty question, maybe "Albert" can give you some insight into the mystery. Or maybe offer up a credible excuse. I hope you'll call back.

I fully expect that in seven days time the DIR800C to still be out of stock. It's not supposed to be released until May. But of course I would love to be proved wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back