The DIR800C is selling in US, right now!
Mar 27, 2004 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

sfxjames

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, the Pioneer SE-DIR800C is selling in New York state right now for less than it's original price. For more information check out Datavis.com., look under headphones cordless and be amazed!

Mar 27, 2004 at 12:54 PM Post #2 of 57
Link

$269. That is a good price, I paid about $100 more to import.

I wonder how much separate headsets are going to run.

Mar 28, 2004 at 6:02 AM Post #4 of 57
Quite right, and when it gets here it's gon'na be for less not more. Shoot everyone will just by them from Datavis.com!

Praise Datavis!

I've never even heard of them.
tongue.gif

Mar 28, 2004 at 6:37 AM Post #5 of 57
I used to pass by the store often before. It's in NYC midtown. Another temptation for a local deal. I better um... somehow forget I read this post
tongue.gif

Mar 28, 2004 at 6:49 AM Post #6 of 57
what post?
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2004 at 7:37 AM Post #7 of 57
Of course you all understand, that a vast majority in New York City will never know the existence of this product, and even if some do know what the SE-DIR800C is, they will never know where to find it.

Muhahaha, Muhahah
"evil music playing"
very_evil_smiley.gif
Dr Evil

Mar 29, 2004 at 12:34 AM Post #8 of 57
Do they actually have it in the store?

According to Bizrate, Datavis are a bunch of scam artists, claiming to have items "in stock" when they actually don't.

I'll wait for a reputable dealer to carry them.

Mar 29, 2004 at 1:10 AM Post #9 of 57
I tried last night to place an order for them through their Datavis's Web site, but it wouldn't go through. (I tried for a good hour and I could never view my cart or get to the check out screen.)

This morning their Web site was working correctly so I placed an order and it went through without a hitch. I received an e-mail back that they had received my order.

I'll let you know if I'm successful in receiving them from Datavis and if they scamed me in any way.

Mar 29, 2004 at 1:50 PM Post #10 of 57
Not sure why you want to risk it?

They have one of the worst Bizrate customer ratings I've ever seen. I'd not give them my CC# on a bet.

The price seems too low anyways. I bet they put the order in limbo and try to either get you to cancel it or purchase something else.

Check out their rating on www.bbb.org -Pitifull.

I'm sure it will be available everywhere within two months for ~$300.

Mar 29, 2004 at 4:18 PM Post #11 of 57
Yeah, the ratings for Datavision at Bizrate are dreadful, but I'm anxious to get a pair of these headphones and I don't want a pair that comes with Japanese-only literature which are currently the only ones available in this country.

(Looking at Datavision's web site, they've had some celebrity shoppers at their store including Michael Moore. If Datavision screws around with my order I'll give Mike a call and maybe he'll do a muck-raking segment on the store for his next film
wink.gif
. And, hey, what kind of a place would scam the likes of Sinbad, Gary Oldman, and Claudia Schiffer!)

Seriously, reading all the reports on the store, it seems like a lot of orders get cancelled due to the insistence of the store's salepeople. (I wonder how they're staying in business!) I'll give them a week to fill my order. If they can't I'll move on.

I'll keep you posted as to my progress...

Mar 30, 2004 at 1:43 AM Post #14 of 57
Their ratings aren't that bad on resellersratings.com or epinions.com.

I guess it's a gamble. They use versign and they have a privacy policy even at that. If anything the trick is how long it will take for the item to be shipped to your house. That's always a trick online retailers play with us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back