The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Feb 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #1,486 of 15,119
I emailed them back in the beginning of January to ask about something and they said they were going to be rolling out a replacement for the UHA - 6S. But it looks as though it's a much bigger change than that.

http://www.leckertonaudio.com/2012/02/new-headquarters-new-amps/

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #1,487 of 15,119
That would explain it.  I wondered why my UHA-4 shipped from Texas when they're supposed to be in Illinois.

Feb 22, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #1,489 of 15,119
Quote:
Does anyone know anything about Bispa amps? They seem to be a DIY-oriented company...

Half of their site may be in katakana but I still can't make out the important bits.

Need to study Japanese more....

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #1,491 of 15,119
Says the person who names himself after a million dollar car. Also happens to get the worst gas mileage of any car in the world.. 10mpg. Enjoy your frequent gas trips :p

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #1,492 of 15,119

Quote:
Says the person who names himself after a million dollar car. Also happens to get the worst gas mileage of any car in the world.. 10mpg. Enjoy your frequent gas trips
tongue.gif

if i could afford a veyron i could get a nice JH16 :p ill just listen to it while refueling the car

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #1,494 of 15,119
If you want one of the current Leckerton amps, it doesn't hurt to send an e-mail asking. In January I asked about the UHA-6S, and I was told that the components to build a few more had arrived fairly recently, and if I wanted I could have one made. In terms of price-to-performance, the UHA-6S has been one of the all-time best purchases I've made in this hobby.

Feb 22, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #1,498 of 15,119

Quote:
If you want one of the current Leckerton amps, it doesn't hurt to send an e-mail asking. In January I asked about the UHA-6S, and I was told that the components to build a few more had arrived fairly recently, and if I wanted I could have one made. In terms of price-to-performance, the UHA-6S has been one of the all-time best purchases I've made in this hobby.

I was considering more the UHA-4 Slimline but considering your high praise of the UHA-6S I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to order it. Oh well, maybe Leckerton has got something even more crazy up their sleeve, we'll see. By the way Muppet, what op amp setup is your 6S? If I remember right they had quite a selection of different op-amps you could pick from. I'll drop Leckerton an email tomorrow and see if maybe I luck out. Who knows maybe they have some UHA-6S amps lying around in a store house they wouldn't mind getting rid of.

Speaking of emails, I just received a reply from a certain Japanese company (J-Phonic) concerning the purchase of one of their sold only in Japan IEM's (K2 sp). The answer to my inquiry unfortunately was a very polite no. Not being one to give up I sent a reply out enquiring if it was possible to allow overseas purchase if a group buy on head-fi could be arranged with someone from Japan overseeing the handling of the product. Where the heck I'm going to find a Japanese head-fier whose trustworthy and capable of overseeing a group buy I haven't got the foggiest clue right now. I'm also scared if I was to attempt organizing a group buy it might all fall apart and I'd wind up being crucified by people screaming for their money back.

Feb 22, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #1,499 of 15,119
Since were talking amps does anyone know anything about or heard the Fiio E17 Alpin? Seems like the Fiio crowd is going crazier then usual concerning this amp.

Feb 22, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #1,500 of 15,119
Quote:

Seconding this.

When I bought mine a year-and-change ago, Leckerton seemed to be a one-man operation. I hope that the move to Texas is part of a general scaling up, but I also wonder whether amps are a part-time gig for him and he moved for the sake of his day job.

Quote:
I was considering more the UHA-4 Slimline but considering your high praise of the UHA-6S I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to order it. Oh well, maybe Leckerton has got something even more crazy up their sleeve, we'll see. By the way Muppet, what op amp setup is your 6S? If I remember right they had quite a selection of different op-amps you could pick from. I'll drop Leckerton an email tomorrow and see if maybe I luck out. Who knows maybe they have some UHA-6S amps lying around in a store house they wouldn't mind getting rid of.

Speaking of emails, I just received a reply from a certain Japanese company (J-Phonic) concerning the purchase of one of their sold only in Japan IEM's (K2 sp). The answer to my inquiry unfortunately was a very polite no. Not being one to give up I sent a reply out enquiring if it was possible to allow overseas purchase if a group buy on head-fi could be arranged with someone from Japan overseeing the handling of the product. Where the heck I'm going to find a Japanese head-fier whose trustworthy and capable of overseeing a group buy I haven't got the foggiest clue right now. I'm also scared if I was to attempt organizing a group buy it might all fall apart and I'd wind up being crucified by people screaming for their money back.

Ask Leckerton if there's a waitlist for B-stock. He refurbs returns and resells them at a discount; I remember the UHA-3 occasionally being available as B-stock for months after it was officially out of production.

For whatever it's worth, I'm using the stock opamp, and if I had to guess, judging from MF's description she is too. I've been meaning to try a couple alternatives but haven't gotten around to it.

Your thoughts regarding J-Phonic are part of the reason why I don't want to be a Spiral Ears group buy organizer: It might mean being on the hook for $20,000 worth of other people's IEMs, and that's more than I want to stake on a hobby.

Quote:
At top speed, it runs out of fuel in 5 minutes!
biggrin.gif

Quote:
And the tires run out in 10. 
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
and you crash in 20 :D

If you can drive for a solid ten minutes without tires at top speed without crashing, you belong on the F1 circuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back