The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
May 13, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #6,422 of 15,119
Contest participant roster thus far:

maverickronin - possibly Phonak Audeo PFE232
Coq de Combat - Ultrasone PRO 900
eke26k - VSonic GR07 and JVC FX700
DigitalFreak - Ortofon e-Q7
tomscy2000 - Soul by Ludacris SL300
driver 8 - Fostex TH900
a_recording - TBD
koonhua - TBD
veyrongatti - TBD
spekkio - Stax SR-007

Let me know if I've missed your name, or if you've decided on what you'd like to use for impressions.

May 13, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #6,423 of 15,119
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/608795/listing-reopened-ultrasone-signature-pro.

Why won't anyone else buy these?  I've been eyeing them for so long now.  I've posted reasons as to why I shouldn't get them a few times now, but the fact of the matter remains that they intrigue me.

In other news, the TH900's continue to please.

Oh, who am I kidding?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/608795/listing-reopened-ultrasone-signature-pro#post_8380774

Not sure what I want to do for that contest yet.  Ideas so far include poetry or some kind of mock-up of a 6moons review.  I imagine the poetry would be easier to read, though.

May 13, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #6,425 of 15,119
Quote:
maverickronin - possibly Phonak Audeo PFE232

I think I'll compare the 232s to my Shure SE530 and MTPG.  I'm thinking of personifying them into female characters or something similar.

Also did you ever get you Epiphany O2 back?  I just got around to drilling out the front panel for mine after owning it for 8 months...

May 13, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #6,426 of 15,119
Quote:
According to site statistics, the anime & manga discussion thread had 289 posts in the last 24 hour period, nearly quadruple the amount of any other.

Seriously, are you guys over there posting one word at a time or something? : P

Actually, I have never ever posted a single post there. 
tongue.gif

For some reasons, some of the animes that are really popular in Japan, aren't really that popular here, especially in my school. I guess the people in my school are just a bit too nerdy...

On the other hand, recently I am really tempted to get CIEM again. Joe gave a glowing review for the Hidition NT-6, but why is there such a high peak on the freq response at 10kHz (http://en.goldenears.net/6364). Too bad the FitEar CIEMs are really hard to get outside of Japan. The Spiral Ears SE-5 is also hard to get outside of EU, and like the FitEar CIEM, they are 1/3 of the price of a Stax 009. Too expensive for me.

I guess I should just go for the UERM, if they have good discount at the NYC Long Island meet this 2nd June. If not, I guess I will be fine living with something cheaper like a GR-07.

May 13, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #6,428 of 15,119
Seems like I'll have my Signature Pro's by Friday.
Quote:

tongue.gif

For some reasons, some of the animes that are really popular in Japan, aren't really that popular here, especially in my school. I guess the people in my school are just a bit too nerdy...

On the other hand, recently I am really tempted to get CIEM again. Joe gave a glowing review for the Hidition NT-6, but why is there such a high peak on the freq response at 10kHz (http://en.goldenears.net/6364). Too bad the FitEar CIEMs are really hard to get outside of Japan. The Spiral Ears SE-5 is also hard to get outside of EU, and like the FitEar CIEM, they are 1/3 of the price of a Stax 009. Too expensive for me.

I guess I should just go for the UERM, if they have good discount at the NYC Long Island meet this 2nd June. If not, I guess I will be fine living with something cheaper like a GR-07.

What compelled you to sell your JH16's?

May 13, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #6,429 of 15,119
Quote:
Seems like I'll have my Signature Pro's by Friday.

What compelled you to sell your JH16's?

Ah well, it was a love hate relationship with it. A tumultuous one. Over time I began to find out what I really want, tonally. I have a target response now for whatever I buy.

Plus, the JH16 doesn't portray depth that well. Joe pointed out this. A lot of Jh16 owner won't like to admit this, but over time it dawned on me.

The complaint with the sound is a minor one. I could live with that. The problem is, as compared to the other CIEM I have seen here, the build quality at the end of the nozzle just downright sucks. The sound tubes were never flush with the acrylic, and the edges were rather sharp, even after 3 times re-fit. I kept asking them to redo the whole damn shell, but each time the guy just add/remove stuff here and there.

In short, good designer, but bad technician/s.

May 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #6,430 of 15,119
Quote:
  Holiday Greetings
wink.gif

What types of orchids are those?

Quote:
  On the other hand, recently I am really tempted to get CIEM again. Joe gave a glowing review for the Hidition NT-6, but why is there such a high peak on the freq response at 10kHz (http://en.goldenears.net/6364). Too bad the FitEar CIEMs are really hard to get outside of Japan. The Spiral Ears SE-5 is also hard to get outside of EU, and like the FitEar CIEM, they are 1/3 of the price of a Stax 009. Too expensive for me. I guess I should just go for the UERM, if they have good discount at the NYC Long Island meet this 2nd June. If not, I guess I will be fine living with something cheaper like a GR-07.

I think that 10 kHz peak is fine; I wouldn't be too alarmed by it. There are numerous IEMs with prominent 10k peaks, usually they're fairly airy sounding rather than harsh... The UERM seems nice, though.

May 13, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #6,431 of 15,119
Quote:
tongue.gif

I figured. By "you guys over there" I meant the people posting in that thread.

The UERM is nice. If I got a custom though, I think I'd want unobtanium like Canal Works. Or something not many other people had like the Ultimate Ears 18 Pro or Heir 6.A.

May 13, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #6,435 of 15,119
Quote:
Why not go for a 1964 Ears quad? Enough people on here have written it's a excellent bang for the buck CIEM

I like the phrase "bang for the buck CIEM". It's like saying "great value luxury car", or also reminds me of when I went to the Netherlands and observed the popularity of a chain of 'Discount Adult Supermarkets.' Not taking a dig here at the cost (well, not a huge dig anyway hah) but its interesting that there is only a highly specific context in which that phrase sounds reasonable.

Also like, taking my mother out to dinner last night to a All-You-Can-Eat Wagyu beef / sushi / sashimi etc buffet, which for $60 per person seemed like excellent value to me. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back