The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Dec 31, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #4,247 of 21,761
Quote:

Or Top 50 rather, but yeah.
wink.gif

Actually, the original post said "Top 50" before head-fi decided to start flaking out on my end. Hence the double post above as well. I had to use an older edit before it was expanded to try to get the formatting right, and overall it was a pretty frustrating process because I had to edit it probably 10 different times because the formatting kept acting screwy.

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #4,249 of 21,761
Happy New Year!

I won't be doing any top 50 lists or anything, because I find it too hard to choose between different kinds of music. Besides, most of my music listening has been with either music from the 80's or moombahton.

Oh well, I bought an Xbox 360 with a few games. Halo 4, Crysis 2, Skyrim, The Witcher 2, UFC, Battlefield BC2, and so on and so forth. There are quite a few games that I have missed since getting my second RROD, so I'll have to play quite a bit in the nearest future.

Oh, I can do a top list for games:

1/2 . Halo 4/Crysis 2

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #4,250 of 21,761
^Crysis 3 will be out in a few months, and it looks awesome.

As for Claymore, it has one fatal flaw: Priscilla is soooo obscenely powerful, that nobody can beat her. Poor Clare doesn't stand a chance.

MF, if you haven't watched it, give "A Woman Named Fujiko Mine" a shot. Great retro style art, and Fujiko kicks @$$.

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #4,252 of 21,761
Yeah, that's not bad.  I can't say the same for one of the Southwest Chicken meals they've got going though...

It also may have partly been because we were in the Montana wilderness, 500mi from any other type of food that wasn't still running around under its own power.

Dec 31, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #4,253 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:
Or Top 50 rather, but yeah.
wink.gif

Actually, the original post said "Top 50" before head-fi decided to start flaking out on my end. Hence the double post above as well. I had to use an older edit before it was expanded to try to get the formatting right, and overall it was a pretty frustrating process because I had to edit it probably 10 different times because the formatting kept acting screwy.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's a welcome slip.  Not that size/quantity is everything, but in this case, 50 > 20 definitely.  And yeah, I'm with you on the formatting weirdness.  For me there are certain formatting tricks that only seem to work once (i.e. they stick if I post right away).  Once one or more "previews" are involved, all bets are off as the rich text things munges the post beyond all recognition.

I've been pre-occupied with life's myriad directions lately... so only now am I starting to give The Flying Lotus's album a listen.  Not surprisingly, its sounds better via my better cans.

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, that's not bad.  I can't say the same for one of the Southwest Chicken meals they've got going though...

It also may have partly been because we were in the Montana wilderness, 500mi from any other type of food that wasn't still running around under its own power.

Oh well you didn't mention that "spice" earlier.  That makes everything taste better!  BTW, best curry I have ever (EVER) had was on a Pakistani International Airline flight, no joke... so I understand the good things happen in unexpected places thing (Montana or otherwise).

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #4,254 of 21,761
Sorry for the late reply and bringing this up 4 pages after the fact, I've been otherwise distracted...

Quote:
Huh, either my wall spirits were coincidentally banished sometime within the last couple of days or that hourly hum I mentioned with the ECBA before was it picking up something from my DAC's USB input, because I haven't heard it in the past 2 hours or so I've been listening with the Stello.

Interesting.  This is pointing more and more to my 'Not all USB ports are created equal' theory.  Or does it have to do with power?  Bad power leads to bad USB out?

Quote:
Incidentally, the Heir 4.A is sort of the closest to an "official diary thread CIEM." I think like four other regulars have one?

I just ordered the 4.Ai a few weeks before Christmas.  Yes, it's y'alls fault 
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #4,255 of 21,761
Quote:
Interesting.  This is pointing more and more to my 'Not all USB ports are created equal' theory.  Or does it have to do with power?  Bad power leads to bad USB out?

I think you missed my post where the ellusive hum came back the next day.

As it was here one day, gone the other, and seems completely unrelated to the Stello now, I'm fairly sure it's just something going on elsewhere that the ECBA itself is picking up. 

Switching to the Stello has, however, stopped my DAC from being all buggy at random.  So it would seem that you had a better USB connection going than I did.  As for whether or not the Stello has improved my SQ... idk.  I get this feeling that things are more focused, but it's subtle.  I hate A/B testing lest I'd get another USB cable, plug it in, and switch modes to verify this.

I still have that Aqvox USB power dealie on the way so there'll be more voodoo trickery to come.

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #4,258 of 21,761
Quote:

The folks in charge of adapting the anime were actually extremely faithful through the majority of it, even down to emulating the art style of the manga. They had the utmost respect for the source material. The decision to change the ending was made because they only had so many episodes green-lit, so they wanted to wrap the series up after the assault on Pieta. Otherwise they would have just left the series on a rather unsatisfying note IMHO, which is what happened for instance with Deadman Wonderland. However they did leave the anime at a place where a sequel series could easily launch.

In the manga I really loved the stuff with the resurrected former number 1s. Hysteria the Elegant and Roxanne of Love and Hate had great personalities (Roxanne was like Ophelia on steroids). My favorite however was Cassandra the Dust Eater just because of her absolutely ridiculous technique and awakened form.

I really liked that anime and do agree. They were pretty faithful but of course they needed to wrap things up quickly.

While the ending for the anime wasn't very good. The pace and current trajectory of the manga isn't a Golden Child either.

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #4,259 of 21,761
I'm at a really boring party right now. Thinking about ditching with some folks and just hanging out on the roof of the parking garage.

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the JH16 Pro Freq-Phase before the New Years special expires. Can't decide what to go with...

transparent "whitegirl" shells and plates

opaque "whitegirl" shells with transparent "whitegirl" plates

transparent "sucker_punch" shells and plates

transparent "redgray" shells and plates

transparent "deadwood" shells with transparent "shipyard" plates

I'm kinda leaning toward either "opaque whitegirl shells w/ clear whitegirl plates" or the "sucker_punch shells / plates"....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back