The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Sep 26, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #1,232 of 21,763
I don't know about you, but since I'm already kind of stuck to the Microsoft platform by having already started my .NET project (and also, the company looking to hire me are .NET based) - I think the choice would be pretty simple. As for the monstrous amount of RAM, yeah it's overkill,

No such thing as too much RAM, pretty much ever.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: As much as I like my Retina MBP, it's not going to be good for gaming. You should get what works for your needs.

CdC: If I didn't know better, I would say you are looking for one of us to talk you out of it. Ain't gonna happen...
I think you should buy Mac for the SW, not the HW. It's as simple as that - if you want the Mac experience, then buy Mac, if that isn't a primary driver, then don't.

In a nutshell. Yeah.

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #1,234 of 21,763
Quote:
You could not be more wrong if you changed your name to Wrong McIncorrect Wrongson.
There are more things in heaven and earth that can be put on burgers than on your philosophy, Horatio. And many of them are delicious.

Interesting.... Tell me your opinion on good burgers 
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #1,235 of 21,763
Sharp cheddar cheese, fresh guacamole, BBQ sauce, sweet gherkin pickles, (leaf) iceberg lettuce and an heirloom tomato. The meat should be thick and cooked just a tad past Medium (hot all the way through but still very juicy). Bread should not overpower the meat - the bun is only there to be a conveyance medium to transport the meat and condiments into my mouth...

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #1,237 of 21,763
A good burger can be had almost anywhere. A great burger is so dependent on teroir that anything I recommend would be of no use to you.

Just like a great user interface, a bullet list of features and constituent parts does not imply a good burger or a bad burger; it's what it's made of and how it's done that counts.

For example, the hamburger served at The Grange in Michigan is just the ground meat on a bun, some sauce, lettuce and tomato (depending on season). But when you eat it, it's like the cow introduced itself to you by name and granted your wish for a wonderful day, and you can't imagine wanting this intimate moment crashed by a visit from, say, a slab of bacon...

On the other hand, the standard BCBB burger in North Carolina isn't as rich and pure an experience as that, but with some bacon, cheese and chimichurri sauce, it is worth fighting to defend.

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #1,240 of 21,763
The best "burger" I've ever had wasn't a burger at all. It was a Wagyu ribeye on a fresh-baked brioche bun, hand prepared mayo, skinless beefeater tomato, baby lettuce, and thinly sliced Vidalia onion. Mmmm, I need to get some more of those ribeyes.

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #1,241 of 21,763
I've been listening to the Stax 4070 all morning, and I'm smitten. They're some of the coolest looking headphones of all time. They exude meticulous craftsmanship and feel great in one's hands. They're comfortable when worn. They block out a fair amount of outside noise. They come in a flight case like the SR-007's. Most importantly: they sound fantastic. I'm hard pressed to think of another closed headphone that sounds this expansive and open, almost Lambda-like in presentation. In other words, music has that very stereotypical panoramic-earspeaker effect of seeming to materialize out of the air surrounding the listener. It's both effortless and captivating. Like many of the Lambdas, the 4070 is a wee bit bright but not problematically so. This lends its already formidable resolving power an even more overt quality, making the 4070 extremely well suited for detailed analysis. Given that these were built-to-order for recording studios by Stax, it makes sense.

Really happy with these, especially given the good deal I scored on them from a friend. They're in pristine shape, too.

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #1,242 of 21,763
Dammit, you make me want a pair of the 4070's.... especially since just about all of my listening situations require closed phones. You're already to blame for my spending on the TG!334's..... 

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #1,243 of 21,763
My favourite burgers are Handburger burgers and the one I ate a In-n-Out (forgot which one)

I am not very picky but I do love a good burger when I taste one :bigsmile_face:

Must have been a "Double-Double" at In-'n-Out - unless you ordered off the "secret menu" and got a Triple or a 4x4. In-'n-Out doesn't do fancy things like bacon - you get a burger with sauce (Thousand Island dressing), cheese, leaf lettuce, tomato and grilled onions. Choose one or two patties - that's their entire burger menu.

One of the joys of living in SoCal is eating at In-n-Out at least twice a week!

Sep 26, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #1,245 of 21,763
Oh, forgot about the Ruth's Chris prime burger, that's way up on the list too. $7 with fries, it's one heck of a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back