The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Apr 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #9,931 of 21,763
Quote:
Everyone asks me about that media player! I need to figure out some way to tell people what it is in the videos because I get the question all the time. It's just the iTunes screensaver which is part of Mac OSX.

You had the opportunity to make up something good and you blew it.

Next time, make sure you have something ready like, "I'm on a private beta list for a double-lossless ultra-resolution audio media player that uses super-uncompressed audio files for super-audible texture. You were looking at the album picker. I wasn't supposed to keep it in the shot, but I guess the cat's out of the bag. Now that you know, don't go and bug JPS Audio, they're tired of fielding questions about it and they'll make up answers to turn you away."

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #9,932 of 21,763
Quote:
Maybe you can add extra info in the video description where you label your source, music player, etc so people can just refer to that.

But it's mystifying. It's not as if I ever play any music in the videos, or imply that the album screensaver is actually a media player. It's a horrible interface for a media player if it was. Constantly flipping album choices.

You can actually play music through the screensaver but that just seems silly.

Quote:
You had the opportunity to make up something good and you blew it.

Next time, make sure you have something ready like, "I'm on a private beta list for a double-lossless ultra-resolution audio media player that uses super-uncompressed audio files for super-audible texture. You were looking at the album picker. I wasn't supposed to keep it in the shot, but I guess the cat's out of the bag. Now that you know, don't go and bug JPS Audio, they're tired of fielding questions about it and they'll make up answers to turn you away."

Lol. I'll quote you next time, how bout that?

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #9,934 of 21,763
Quote:
Chillest. Reviews. Ever.

Lol. I tried to be more cheery and energetic in this one.

My favourite part is how my fringe actually just crept over to completely cover my eye in the first minute.

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #9,937 of 21,763
Quote:Muppetface
Quote:
wink, I don't think anyone here agrees with you..................................................................................................................

(Thanks for the music, though)

Me thinks he doth protest too much. He's probably a closet drummer.

An astute observation.    prolly got a toy drum as a kid and never recovered.

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #9,938 of 21,763
Quote:
Quote:a-recording
I was at the earlier meet.

Must have been a good time.

It was great, had a chat, tried to appoint an initial executive and also tried to think of a name.

Can any of you think of a good name for a university audiophile society? 

We actually wanted to avoid the use of the word 'audiophile' as it strikes us as having a bit of an elitist tone, but we can't think of a word that more broadly encompasses the proposed society's interests.

The other options we came up with were things like: Hi-Fi Society (HiFiSoc) / Hi-Fi Club etc

The name has to be descriptive so that new uni students can pick the club out of a list of organisations...

How about Headphone Elitist Loquacity Proponents. The mnemonic/acrostic = HELP....

or, University of New South Wales Eager Acoustic Terrorists

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #9,939 of 21,763
How about Headphone Elitist Loquacity Proponents. The mnemonic/acrostic = HELP....

or, University of New South Wales Eager Acoustic Terrorists

The Beets Generation (a play on "Beats, the Beat Generation, Girls Generation... too many to list).

Members can refer to themselves as BGs or The BGs. :D

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #9,942 of 21,763
Apr 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #9,943 of 21,763
Quote:Magick Man
Quote:
How about just calling it the headphone enthusiasts club

Boooo!!! Nerts to you!
tongue.gif

Minimalist is good. HEC needs a k though, same as magic.

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #9,944 of 21,763
Headphone Enthusiasts Clubbing Klub?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back