The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Apr 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #9,871 of 21,761
I was actually hoping it would be bigger and flashier since they are a cable company and using that to partially justify its price.  I thought it was going to be all braided and silvery 'n **** so you could be all "look at this mother****ing cable, dog" then hopefully switch in an Audez'e cable when no one's looking.

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #9,872 of 21,761
Quote:

That's how the Liquid Gold looks like? I expected gold (or gold-like finish) on its chassis. 
tongue.gif

As far as I know, all Cavalli amps are offered in black.  The Liquid Glass is the only one with a different option (natural aluminum).  I like the understated look.

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #9,873 of 21,761
Quote:

Yup, that's the LAu.

The design pretty much mirrors the LL2 which I think is simply gorgeous. If this were the old Cavalli Audio, the volume knob would probably be gold in color. These days Dr. Cavalli is only doing black "stealth" finishes on his amps however.

It is.

JPS is a cable company afterall, so having a massive cable is pretty much a given.

Not only is it a dual 3-pin XLR which is no longer common, but it's also similar to the cables on the Muramasa in that the channels are kept separate the whole length down rather than being bundled together. So you basically have two cables, one 3 pin XLR per side.

I actually kind of like that because it's f'ing weird. On the down side, it results in more cable you have to deal with (did I mention JPS is a cable company?) and is rather awkward. Especially if you're a female (or have man-cleavage).

What if they had tried to make dual runs of their "Aluminata" cables?  I think that would be hilarious (though the resulting neck problems would be no joke).

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #9,874 of 21,761
Quote:
Oooooh, that smarts...
Hasn't changed my mind though.

Real musicians play double basses and electric bass guitars.

Drums are presents you give to little children whose parents you hate.....................
Cymbals, likewise.....

Now you know why you and your kiddies keep getting drum kits as pressies.......

Drums are the soul and rhythm of the music. Try tapping your tapping your feet to a flute.

Apr 10, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #9,876 of 21,761
A drummer is just a glorified metronome. True story.

Not really

Apr 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #9,878 of 21,761
How do you tell if the stage is level?
The drummer is drooling from both sides of his mouth.

How can you tell a drummer's at the door?
The knocking speeds up.

What's the last thing a drummer says in a band?
"Hey, how about we try one of my songs?"

An Indian chief and a cavalry captain climb to the top of a tall hill and look out upon the entire Indian tribe.
The captain says worriedly, "I don't like the sound of those drums."
The chief says, "I know. It's not our regular drummer."

What do you call a drummer that breaks up with his girlfriend?
Homeless.

What do Ginger Baker and black coffee have in common?
They both suck without Cream.

How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
Five: One to screw the bulb in, and four to talk about how much better Neil Peart could've done it.

How do you get a drummer off of your porch?
Pay him 10 bucks for the pizza.

What do you call a drummer with half a brain?
Gifted.

What do you say to a drummer in a three-piece suit?
"Will the defendant please rise?"

"Hey buddy, how late does the band play?"
"Oh, about half a beat behind the drummer."

Hey, did you hear about the drummer who finished high school?
Me neither.

Why do guitarists put drumsticks on the dash of their car?
So they can park in the handicapped spot.

How is a drum solo like a sneeze?
You know it's coming, but there's nothing you can do about it.

What's the first thing a drummer says when he moves to LA?
"Would you like fries with that, sir?

What is the difference between a drummer and a savings bond?
One will mature and make money.

What do you do if you accidentally run over a drummer?
Back up.

What did the drummer say to the band leader?
"Do you want me to play too fast or too slow?"

Deep in the African jungle, a safari was camped for the night. In the darkness, distant drums began a relentless throbbing that continued until dawn.
The safari members were disturbed, but the guide reassured them: "Drums good. When drums stop, very bad."
Every night the drumming continued, and every night the guide reiterated, "Drums good. When drums stop, VERY bad."
This continues for several days until one morning the drumming suddenly stops and all the natives panic and run screaming.
The man asks the guide what's the matter? The guide looking very frightened says: "When drums stop, VERY, VERY bad," he said.
"Why is it bad?" asked a member of the safari.
"Because when drums stop, bass solo begin!"

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #9,882 of 21,761
Apr 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #9,883 of 21,761
Quote:
With all the gear being announced lately, at RMAF and elsewhere, I thought I'd draw up a listing to help myself keep track of it all. In general my urge to acquire new gear had been on the down-low as of late, tempered by my desire to downsize along with satisfaction over my electrostat rig. Currently I'm waiting on my Cavalli Liquid Lightning to be delivered once Alex gets back, and I've also put a down payment on a HeadAmp Blue Hawaii SE. I'm thinking about picking up a Resolution Cantata to upgrade my current source as well. My primary rig is shaping up to be an even bigger monster now.

So, without further adieu:

Final Audio Design "Pandora Trio" :: what I've taken to calling their new lineup of fullsized headphones, based off of the Pandora prototype they debuted in Hong Kong. Trusted reports thus far seem positive. More emphasis on higher registers. Bass is described as nice and punchy, but slightly rolled off. Very interested in hearing how they compare to the now discontinued Muramasa VIII.

I was SO happy to see this post about the "Pandora Quintet" tonight

http://www.head-fi.org/t/613641/final-audio-design-appreciation-discussion-thread/1200#post_9342123

"Available Spring 2013, PANDORA Series.
PANDORA X : Metal Housing, 50mm DU+BA, Closed type
PANDORA VI : ABS housing, 50mm DU+BA, Closed type
PANDORA V : ABS housing, 50mm DU+BA, Open type
PANDORA IV : ABS housing, 50mm DU, Closed type
PANDORA III : ABS housing, 50mm DU, Open type
"

Keep printing more yen and I could have the urge to score two out of five instead of just Pandora X alone

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323550604578410790630281654.html

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #9,885 of 21,761
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA1s9v2Ab8w

Dark Souls II footage gone live. Dat Dragon Castle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back