The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Sep 13, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #286 of 21,763

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #291 of 21,763
So far 10 out of 20 pages of this thread have been consumed by Apple discussion....

Like I said before, I honestly feel that it's quite unfortunate the thread's rebirth coincided with Apple's announcement. But hey, at least it still have some connection with this hobby; namely what the new pin would affect the aftermarket devices (barely any discussion LOL), and that weird looking new earpod, which I'm genuinely interested in. And a few other stuff. ;P

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #298 of 21,763
Quote:
Apple is one of those companies that really doesn't care what you *want* - they believe they know what you *need*. I suppose that can be good & bad - I do think it's a lost cause to try to chase the whim of the consumer market - you want to be the one steering the market, not the one being steered by the market. On the other hand, most companies like Apple take this too far and start believing their own BS. When they really start believing they know better than their customers, that's when they run the risk of completely missing the target, and if their arrogance continues to prevent them from seeing how badly they have missed, they will keep trying to push the wrong ideas. That's pretty much how I feel about QuickTime, the ipod dock connector (old or new) and some of the other technology that they just won't let die. Put a dang micro-USB port on it and be done with it already!

1. Though, speaking about arrogance, BS and Apple, you just described SONY's decline.

2. This post hit the nail on the head...Olympic style!

Sep 13, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #300 of 21,763
How I feel every time a medical student tells me how much easier pharmacy school is than med school:

In general most courses are not harder or easier than another. The are all meant to be completed by the average intelligent human being.

Though I have to admit that I'm guilty of frequently teasing humanities students with the 'superiority' of what I'm studying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back